Forum: Competitions

Teachers - Competitions
Do american parents really go at every competition?
By xXMissButterflyX Comments: 2, member since Mon Dec 04, 2017
On Mon Jan 01, 2018 06:47 PM

I like to read a lot about american dance competitions to compare with the ones in my country and I've noticed that most of the parents go to every comp. At my dance school we go only with our teachers and staff member. The parent who want to go, must go on their own and most don't do it (only 3 fathers and 2 mothers go to every comp). The last convention we had been, the mother of a kid hadn't came and the little girl confessed me that she was a lot more relaxed because her mother wasn't there, that in the past comps she didn't went full like in clas because she was embarrassed of dancing in front of her mother and to say the truth most kids at my school think in the same way. How is to have the parents at dance competition? And if it's in another state or another country, the parents also follow?

1 Replies to Do american parents really go at every competition?

re: Do american parents really go at every competition?
By jms9t2 Comments: 45, member since Fri Mar 10, 2017
On Mon Jan 01, 2018 09:30 PM
Yes I would say it's typical for most parents to be at competitions in the US. I am a studio owner and the parents provide their child transportation to competitions. As for whether the dancers would feel more relaxed without their parents there, I suspect that would be the case for some and probably others like having the support.

ReplySendWatch