Forum: General / General

General
What's your spot in the world like?
By hummingbird Comments: 10452, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Thu Jan 11, 2018 08:20 AM

What's happening where you are at the moment? Here in Alberta we've just had another cold snap and it's now down to -32C with windchill that makes it -42C and even my dog doesn't want to go out :D

I'll try and take some pictures later on, they won't be very impressive because we don't have much snow and temperatures don't photograph well but what ever.

5 Replies to What's your spot in the world like?

re: What's your spot in the world like?
By foreverlostmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1922, member since Sun Feb 15, 2004
On Thu Jan 11, 2018 02:18 PM
Here in Tucson, Arizona it is currently 67 Degrees Farenheit and sunny. we are supposed to get up to 75F this weekend. We've had a very warm winter with little rain. Seems like this summer will be scorching hot!
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16447, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Thu Jan 11, 2018 04:33 PM
Yesterday was 65°F and sunny in north central Texas. Today, it is 38°F with snow flurries and falling temps. No more 60°s for at least a week. Have I mentioned how much I loathe winter??

67 days til spring. :(

kk~
By jms9t2 Comments: 48, member since Fri Mar 10, 2017
On Thu Jan 11, 2018 07:46 PM
Here in St. Louis, MO it was 60 degrees this afternoon and is now 28 and freezing rain. I had an hour and a half of classes earlier and cancelled the late evening ones. Now I'm home on a Thursday night which never happens!
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34926, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Jan 11, 2018 09:58 PM
^That's always so weird to me, being home on a night when you're not typically. It's like "Ok, so like...what do I do?!"

I'm in Michigan, and we got caught up in the hard cold snap that most of the country did. It was so hard and so long for us, that I left the house last Friday, and it was TWO degrees out, and I went "Hey, it's kind of a nice day!" ...that is when you know winter has gone on to long. When TWO passes for nice weather.

Friday it was two, by Monday it was 35, by today it was 55, and my "typically not triggered by weather changes" sinuses are having absolutely NONE of this nonsense. I'm so miserable.

And there's a chance of ice for tomorrow, and the possibility of anywhere from zero to twenty (?!) of snow on Saturday. Stellar.
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 641, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sat Jan 13, 2018 04:29 AM
Just returned this week from visiting family for the holidays who live in the northeast U.S. Endured the big cold snap "bomb", and the accompanying mess of the airlines trying to recover from it.

Right now, the south Texas area is under anther cold snap, with temps this early morning about 36dF. High will only be about 50dF today, though the days will be sunny. Just cold.

This afternoon, I am heading to a girlfriends place for the weekend, to hangout with her and catch up.

ReplySendWatch