Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

Waitlist one year, rejected the next
By hunthunt14
On Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:12 PM

Hi my name is Hunter I'm in atlanta and I have a question about SAB.. so I was waitlisted for their summer intensive in 2017 and then I came to visit my family is CA so I just decided to audition out in CA. I auditioned and it went pretty good. Kay Mazzo was their and it was a really good audition and I did really well, and since I was waitlisted last year I thought I had a really good chance on getting in. But 5 days later I got a rejection letter and I was just wondering if that is kind of weird getting waitlisted one year and rejected the next??? also I got accepted into PNB with a scholarship and I put that on their but I guess they were not interested.

10 Replies to Waitlist one year, rejected the next

re: Waitlist one year, rejected the next
By Serendipity42Premium member
On Tue Jan 16, 2018 05:59 AM
Each year has a different group of students. It could be that there were more that had the characteristics they were looking for and you fell in the crowd. Did you write and ask for feedback? If you do, you might get information as to why you weren’t waitlisted this year.
By hunthunt14
On Tue Jan 16, 2018 07:29 AM
I didn’t know you could ask fo feedback!. I have already emailed them webhelp@sab.org about if the letter I got was for both CA workshop and NYC. But can I ask for feedback. Has anyone else ever done that!?!?
By hunthunt14
On Tue Jan 16, 2018 08:07 AM
Also I am pre registering for another summer audition. When it asks where I have attended before, I actually haven’t attended anywhere big but should I put accepted into PNB but did not attend??!!!
By isagracexo
On Tue Jan 16, 2018 01:42 PM
I was rejected and waitlisted on and off for 6 years of auditioning and all of sudden I got accepted off the waitlist after a couple of days of auditioning so you never know what their logic is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
By isagracexo
On Tue Jan 16, 2018 01:45 PM
*This was also last year when they apparently waitlisted almost everyone instead of accpepting them. I know this because 5/6 of my suitemates were waitlisted then accepted and same with most of the people in my level.*
By dncermama
On Tue Jan 16, 2018 04:33 PM
I have never heard of a school giving feedback after an SI audition. There is essentially no way for them to remember who you are once the results are sent out.
By hunthunt14
On Tue Jan 16, 2018 06:20 PM
isagracexo wrote:

I was rejected and waitlisted on and off for 6 years of auditioning and all of sudden I got accepted off the waitlist after a couple of days of auditioning so you never know what their logic is ¯\_(�)_/¯

That's good that you were acceted. I have another question. if i am auditioning for MCB SI should I wear a navy blue, white, or black leotard?? I was thing of my navy blue camilsole leotard but I would like to know which one you would think is best!!
By S_H_A_O_
On Thu Jan 18, 2018 05:44 PM
I definitely wouldn't worry at all about being rejected/waitlisted. Three years ago I auditioned for PNB and was put on the waitlist, and then two years ago I was rejected. Oddly enough last year I was actually accepted, so that just goes to show that you truly can never tell what they're looking for. It may purely have been based on the other people in your audition this year, so I would recommend to definitely keep working hard and maybe try again next year if you're still interested!
By katelynp
On Sun Jan 21, 2018 07:29 AM
I would just wear the leotard that makes your body look the best and longest. Especially at higher levels, they judge your body type as well as your dancing. However, I would never wear white to an audition unless the audition requires it. Most people always wear black or dark colors, so wearing white may make you stand out negatively.
By isagracexo
On Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:55 AM
hunthunt14 wrote:

isagracexo wrote:

I was rejected and waitlisted on and off for 6 years of auditioning and all of sudden I got accepted off the waitlist after a couple of days of auditioning so you never know what their logic is ���¯\_(�£ï¿½ï¿½)_/���¯

That's good that you were acceted. I have another question. if i am auditioning for MCB SI should I wear a navy blue, white, or black leotard?? I was thing of my navy blue camilsole leotard but I would like to know which one you would think is best!!

Sorry I hope I'm not too late! I would go with navy or white for sure! Which ever one you feel best in. We all have that one leotard that makes us feel like an amazing dancer.

ReplySendWatch