Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys

What to Wear to a Wedding?
By foreverlostmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:25 AM

I figured I might get a better response here than the fashion board..

I'm attending a wedding next weekend with my boyfriend of 6 months. I have never met the couple who is getting married or anyone at the wedding really. My boyfriend works in politics and they are old work friends of his. A lot of times functions like these become networking events of a sort as the political community is very woven around here.

The wedding is being held at 4pm on Friday at a local soup kitchen (where they feed and help the homeless.) I am stumped on what to wear. My boyfriend is stating that it is not that formal and he will likely just wear slacks and a blazer.

Anybody have any tips on where to start with my outfit? Thank you.

3 Replies to What to Wear to a Wedding?

Comment #10250234 deleted

re: What to Wear to a Wedding?
By ChristinePremium member
On Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:12 PM
Since it's a wedding...although "casual", I would respect the occasion with something pretty.

Do you have a long dress, one you might actually wear to an event in a park or other "casual" outside venue? I would definitely NOT overdress... you don't want to make anyone else feel uncomfortable or be dressed so differently than the rest of the people in the room that you stand out. If not a long, casual, dress, than perhaps a skirt and pretty top or dress with boots? If you would feel more comfortable in slacks, I'm sure you can dress them up without going over the top. I would stay away from jeans, although denim skirts/dresses would be OK.

....and shoes or boots, rather than sneakers.

I hope you have a great time. Please post photos when you decide?

Keep On Dancing*
xoxo

Comment #10250666 deleted
Edited by patsm00re18 (328275) on 2019-08-08 06:58:34 Missing Word

ReplySendWatch