Forum: Highland / Highland - Adult Dancers

Any over 40 dancers?
By Two_in_Kiltsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 24, 2018 01:11 PM

I just started dancing after years of being the dance mom. I am still the dance mom but now I am in beginner and looking to hopefully compete this summer at Canadians. I would love to connect with others that are just starting out at a more advanced age.

5 Replies to Any over 40 dancers?

re: Any over 40 dancers? (karma: 1)
By emmyport
On Fri Jan 26, 2018 08:40 PM
I belong to this group on Facebook with a lot of adult beginners in it! www.facebook.com . . .
By Two_in_Kiltsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jan 27, 2018 03:44 PM
lol I am already in that group. Thanks!
re: Any over 40 dancers?
By ADW
On Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:21 PM
I'm 55 years old and just took a dance class for the first time in 38 years. I took lessons from age 5 to about 18 or so and rose to the Open level which became Premier. I've been performing at community events once or twice a year since 2008 but would like to get back into competition just for the love of it and for the health benefits.
re: Any over 40 dancers?
By Skyesbridge
On Sun Feb 18, 2018 07:40 PM
Just know you'll be right back in Premier.
One day I'm hoping to make it there.. but it's taking me long enough to get to Intermediate. I'm just not a very good dancer. But I do it for the Love & Enjoyment and hopefully inspire the kids, that no matter your talent, just keep trying. :)
By ADW
On Sun Feb 18, 2018 08:04 PM
I have no problem being in Premier. Winning is not everything.
Having to prepare for a competition is great motivation. I'm doing it mostly for my health and the love of dancing. I'm still wearing the kilt/socks my Mom bought for me in 1980 when I was 18. My jacket from back then is way out of date so I found a used one on Ebay a year ago that happened to fit perfectly and matched my kilt. Must be a sign that I should compete. I can't wait to see the look from the judges and other competitors!

ReplySendWatch