Forum: General / Tell dance.net

DDN getting a mobile make-over
By linhPremium member
On Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:55 PM

So I'm giving the mobile-friendly changes another shot, and will be fixing any problems that come up. It's a work in progress, but feel free to reply here or send me email directly if you notice anything amiss: linh@dance.net And I have a treat in store! I'm bringing back chat, and it'll be a lot easier to use. Probably on every screen or something like that. Linh

5 Replies to DDN getting a mobile make-over

re: DDN getting a mobile make-over
By maureensiobhan
On Sun Jan 28, 2018 08:41 AM
I have two questions: how are we going to know when we have a now PM? I don't see anywhere now where we will see a yellow banner. How do we give karma to a post? I don't see a button to click to give karma.

All in all, I don't know if I like this new mobile format any more than I did the last mobile make-over. As I recall, the other mobile make-over didn't seem to go over too well. Many members were happy to see the original way the site was set up. Please keep the site arranged in the original format.
By linhPremium member
On Sun Jan 28, 2018 08:28 PM

Let me know what parts are important to add back and I'll work on them first. :)

The reality is that we need to go mobile-friendly because search engines increasingly rank mobile sites higher. So if we want to grow, we have to make the switch.

Based on your comments, I'll work on:

• PM notification
  • Giving out karma

Also, I think you'll be very pleased with the new chat I'm working on for the site. It'll have four main rooms: dancers, teachers, owners, and mods, and will appear on all pages making it really easy to use.

By linhPremium member
On Tue Jan 30, 2018 01:44 AM
Quick note: the Like (formerly Rate+) button is back. Also close to show new PMs notifier as well as chat.
By maureensiobhan
On Mon Mar 19, 2018 09:17 AM
Are you any closer to a way of PM notifications yet? I'd really like to know how we'll get PM notifications. When we click onto our profile, we see the small envelop icon with PM on it. Maybe that icon could have the yellow banner on it?
By linhPremium member
On Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:08 PM
Funny you should ask that. I have most of it in place now where you'll see a yellow envelope and "NEW PM!!" if you're using a desktop browser. On phones and small screens, you'll see the icon change color to yellow. This generally works when you start a new browser session with dance.net. I'm working on clearing out the cache sooner and a way to update the envelope in real-time while you're browsing. Thanks for being patient! Best, Linh

ReplySendWatch