Forum: Music

Song for age-gap class -- young 3's and older 5's
By MacyB
On Mon Jan 29, 2018 05:36 PM

In a class of 9, I have 5 three year olds and 4 who are a little older. I'd love to find a song about big sister/little sister or mama duck/baby duck, etc. In fact I know that when I was tiny, I did a dance like that with some bigger girls.

My idea is to pair them up (2 of the pairs are actually sisters), and in one case have a group of 3. I want to be able to let the big girls do a few combinations to show-off a little. Kind of a taking turns, and the little girls circling the big girls, etc. It can be for ballet or tap -- I was thinking tap, but either way.

I just thought of "Me and My Shadow"! But I'd still love to hear some big girl/little girl ideas. The big girls in this group are very maternal!

2 Replies to Song for age-gap class -- young 3's and older 5's

re: Song for age-gap class -- young 3's and older 5's
By jaime
On Tue Jan 30, 2018 03:11 AM
That sounds super sweet! Here's an older thread that might give you some ideas: www.dance.net . . . Also this one, which has tons of song ideas related to different themes: www.dance.net . . .
re: Song for age-gap class -- young 3's and older 5's
By jbhdancer
On Wed Jan 31, 2018 09:29 PM
Such a cute idea!! A few year ago we used a song called “When I’m by your side” that was very friendship/partner based, not necessarily big/little but it was pretty cute :). Or maybe “Friendship” from Anything Goes? Perfect for partner work 😉 these might not be what you’re going for but it’s what came to mind! I also think Me & My Shadow would be cute as well.

ReplySendWatch