Forum: Advice / Injuries

Injured ankle, is self-care sufficient?
By JosieJoymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:37 AM

Hello dance net lovelies,

I twisted my ankle and fell onto it while I was out waking my dog yesterday. It was incredibly painful and I remember feeling and hearing a king of tweak. I could still kind of walk on it without putting my heel down, so I managed to get home and ice and elevate it. The photo is about 20 minutes after and it is more swollen now. I’ve got a tubigrip on and can manage to hobble around the house and I’m keeping it raised when I’m sat down as this seems to ease the pain slightly, as well as taking paracetamol/ibuprofen. I’m trying to avoid the hospital really, I’m just not for sitting there for three hours to be told it’s a bad sprain and just to do what I’m doing anyway. I’ve been googling away and I found something that says it’s unlikeky to be broken if I can walk more than 4 steps. Does this sound accurate?

Feeling very frustrated, I don’t do being laid up very well!

2 Replies to Injured ankle, is self-care sufficient?

re: Injured ankle, is self-care sufficient?
By hummingbird
On Thu Feb 15, 2018 09:37 AM
I know you did this a few days ago now but how's it feeling? If you're still in pain you must go an get X-rays done.
re: Injured ankle, is self-care sufficient?
By JosieJoymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Feb 16, 2018 02:46 AM
Still very swollen and sore, but not broken fortunately! I ended up going to an urgent care centre not long after I posted this. Badly sprained. I’ve been on crutches for the past couple of days but it’s still painful and the pain only really eases when I put my foot up. Guess I’m going to have to be patient. Frustrating for the poor dog too, haha.

ReplySendWatch