Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

Solo dress for adult dancer... I started the journey
By ep_dance
On Sat Mar 03, 2018 09:07 AM

hey everyone,

I just wanted to to share my excitement about the start of my "Solo Dress Journey". Since I had a fabioulus start in my Adult Championship career :) I was encouraged enough to finally set my mind on really gettin myself a solo dress. I won´t get younger and I wont get that bikini body (anytime soon ;) so I decided there is no use in waiting. Since I am on vacation right now I used my free time to start drawing dresses with my husband (ok, his drawings are always way better then mine ;) ) and I am already quite close to what I would want. Well, that´s what I think right now. There a thousands of beautiful dresses out there, but it is so hard to decide which style should be mine... for my not slim body and my style. This will be my one and only dress, I am not a teen ager who has a growth spurt as an excuse for a new dress so I have to keep that in mind as well :)
I contacted a few dressmakers and I am really sure that "Sky dance dresses" is my choice. Can´t wait to get started in talking about the design with her, but first I will have to rob a bank or start saving :)

How was everyones journey to a dress? Mind to share your story, I would love to hear it!

Have a lovely day
Eva

1 Replies to Solo dress for adult dancer... I started the journey

re: Solo dress for adult dancer... I started the journey
By rosalinde
On Wed Mar 07, 2018 06:36 AM
Such an exciting journey!
I bought an Elevation way back in 2009, which is still my only professionally made dress - and one I no longer fit :P
The most important step you've already taken: you know the designer to go with. If you like their style, you'll most likely like the outcome. A professional company will work with your wishes and create a dress accordingly. My wishes (at age 34) were velvet (because more forgiving to an adult body than satin), Celtic knotwork (because I'm CRN), not a corset-style bodice (which was in at the time, but not my favorite), and symmetrical design (asymmetric was in). I told them what kind of skirt I wanted, and my preferred colours (because I'd have to wear black tights as well as poodle socks).
They suggested a different style skirt for resale purposes, but made my preference when I told them I didn't plan on selling soon. They did, however, suggest entirely different colours based on pictures of me - and I'm glad I agreed because their suggestions suited me much better.
Really, just pay the deposit and brace for an exhilirating journey! It's really good fun, kinda nailbiting at times (because $$$$), but really enjoyable.

ReplySendWatch