Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

Freed Classics profile - different froma maker to maker?
By cara7
On Wed Mar 28, 2018 04:57 AM

Hi there, I was wondering if the box profile/crown height differs from maker to maker with Freed Classics? As far as I know, all use the same wooden last, but I saw e.g. Freed "Club Maker" pointe shoes here in this nice video of NYCB:
www.youtube.com . . .
and the crown/profile seems rather low there, is that just because they are made to order (or squashed by stepping on the box with the heel), or does the profile/crown height also vary from maker to maker? So far I just had Maker F, Maker B & Neptune, which all had a medium crown. IF the crown height differs, can you recommend makers who make lower crowns/box profiles, or is that just possible by special order?
Thanks!!
cara7

2 Replies to Freed Classics profile - different froma maker to maker?

re: Freed Classics profile - different froma maker to maker?
By hummingbird
On Thu Mar 29, 2018 08:16 AM
I used to use Freeds Classics when that was all the choice there was back in the day when Jesus was a boy so I can say for sure yes, each maker is different, it really was like trying on different brands with each maker.

I'm not sure what the specs the current makers have but there will be ones that make a lower profile. Have you emailed Freeds to ask them? They will know what each of their makers produce. They used to have a list on the Freeds US website saying what each makers shoes were like but I can't find it online any more.
re: Freed Classics profile - different froma maker to maker?
By cara7
On Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:24 PM
Hi! Thanks for your reply, I had found a "Freed makers" chart recently, but it only says "tapered"/"average"/"broad" platform, but there is no mention of the crown height... yes, maybe I should better ask the manufacturer ;)

Best wishes,

cara7

ReplySendWatch