Forum: Ask a Studio Owner

Input on Studio Software companies
By kcampb7
On Tue Apr 17, 2018 09:22 AM

I'd love some feedback on the various Studio Software companies. Any users of Dancestudio-pro? I heard it was very affordable but there are possibly hidden fees (email, merchant services restrictions, etc.). Thanks

5 Replies to Input on Studio Software companies

re: Input on Studio Software companies
By WantJazz
On Fri Jun 08, 2018 09:25 AM
Hard to asnwer without knowing your specific requirements. Depends on how big your studio is, what is all that you do in addition to classes, and so on. For example, competitions, costume, inventory, accounting, billing, taxes, registration, communications, and so on.

I found that the best offer is the one that has the best support option. Studio software can get complext, depending on your cost structure, discounts, refunds, adjustments, and so on. The mistakes could be very costly. Imagine sending out an invoice to all parents with an extra "0"?

Ability to get support from the company, when you need it, for the reasonable price, would be key to me.

I am also not very fond of the per student count tiered price structure. Truth be told, for software company, cost of running your system is about the same if you have 10 students or 500. The difference is very small.

And if you are just starting out, you might as well go with a free option: Google forms + Paypal.

Good luck!
My story
By Evanstar
On Fri Jun 22, 2018 07:21 AM
I have used Dance Studio pro for the last year and LOVE it. I have found no hidden fees. Emails are free. If you want to send a text to every dancer in the studio it is just $1 . Cost is just $30 a month and through it I can do everything I need for my studio. The only thing I wish it had was an affordable mobile app. Mobile app is $50/month which I think is a bit pricey to add that on. I think overall it is the most affordable studio software out there as they don't base it on number of students and it is easy to learn/use
By twothepointe1
On Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:46 PM
I just posted a question in another message group before this one. I totally agree, I am quite annoyed that these companies charge so much when you have 200 or more students and they keep raising the costs, I can't believe a program uses very much more space for 100 students or 500 students and hard drives are priced so very cheap these days too.

I tried our Jackrabbit and its just too complicated, I don't have that much free time to try and understand it. I just did a month with DSP and the way they advertise it, it made it sound like it had so much but most of it you have to pay more for (which they don't tell you upfront) and I didn't find the program all that good to work with, but certainly better than Jackrabbit.

I spent some time with the people at PrimeTime at the Teacher Summit and signed up for a trial, its very different in that it is very easy to use and I liked how I didn't have to jump all over to turn things on to just get going, the screen is all icon based and it made a lot of sense to me even without watching the video links they sent in their welcome email when I signed up. Also I really liked how they took my website name and put it into the name of my website they make for you with their primetimescheduler.com name added to the end of it, made it very easy for my instructors and my families to remember and go to it.

So I've tried jackrabbit: jackrabbitdance.com DSP: dancestudio-pro.com and prime time: primetimescheduler.com and while DSP seemed the lowest cost, there were extra's that if I wanted I had to pay for. Prime time was second lowest cost, but they were a lot more honest and there are no additional prices for extra stuff, they even included sending messages to my families cell phones which I was surprised. Jackrabbit Dance is very expensive and very difficult to understand. I know a lot of people use it, maybe because its been around a long time, but I don't care for it.

So those are my thoughts on what I've tried. I was going to try akada but my friend uses them and she hates it and says their support is not always available, so I decided not to try them.
By dvduval
On Wed May 22, 2019 06:01 PM
For just $5 more per month, you can get Dance Studio Manager
www.dancestudiomanager.com
We have great customer service, and we have enough staff to spend as much time as is needed to make sure a studio is up and running. While we have been in business since 2005, we have continued to modernize our software, and I think one look at our demo, and that will be quite obvious. Spend a little more time using the software and letting us help you get setup well, and I think you will be glad you gave it a try.

And we have lots of videos and tutorials as well in our help section:
www.dancestudiomanager.com . . .
Our software is well developed and stable, yet packed with features, and most importantly, it is easy to use.
By stark
On Mon May 27, 2019 12:37 PM
I agree, I am quite annoyed that these companies charge so much.
LiteBlue USPS Login

ReplySendWatch