Forum: General

Late delivery on Costumes
By kcampb7
On Mon Apr 23, 2018 09:58 AM

Are any of you having issues with the late delivery of recital costumes this year? This is the first time in 10 years that we are having problems - we gave them required dates when we ordered January and they're struggling to fill our orders by the end of April. Two different companies with little or no understanding of how they're impacting our reputation.

4 Replies to Late delivery on Costumes

re: Late delivery on Costumes
By hummingbird
On Tue Apr 24, 2018 08:27 AM
We've been lucky this year. Last year one firm changed their delivery dates on us with no notification. Our office manager was on the account looking up something completely different and discovered the date had been moved on by a month and a half all because of one costume! We got it sorted but what a fiasco that would have been.
By ChristinePremium member
On Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:38 PM
I actually just received the last 4 I've been waiting for. It was a nice surprise as the shipping date was May 18 and I feared they wouldn't be here in time.

I am about to order some more garment bags and get going on the final alterations and steaming, etc.

I did avoid two of my favorite suppliers this year though as the shipping dates were ridiculous back in January and I have learned to not chance fate.

I hope your costumes arrive soon and safely.

Keep On Dancing*
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun May 06, 2018 10:09 PM
This factors largely into how we pick costumes, even! A couple years ago, we picked out a costume for a Modern piece. Called to order it in OCTOBER. Expected arrival date? The following August. (And I'd name the company if I remembered, but I forget).

Uh, no, we're good, thanks. We'll pick out a different costume.

And then our new parents, who get a little too excited, and are a little too used to things going on their schedule, want to know when the costumes are coming. Like, the minute we announce that we've picked them. They start asking questions. Ugh. Costumes. Such a headache.
By ASD1972Premium member
On Mon May 21, 2018 10:21 PM
We noticed this too. I heard through the grapevine that the costume manufacturers are having trouble because so much of the fabric for dance costumes is dyed in Puerto Rico... and they have no power. I'm not sure if this is true, but it's what I told my parents- it seemed to reassure them.

ReplySendWatch