Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Adult Dancers

RAD’s Repertoire packaged learning
By Storm_Trouper
On Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:46 AM

youtu.be . . .

Women and men can now learn simplified repertoire from classic romantic ballets, broken down into logical developmental drills.

So what took the ballet education industry so darn long to come up with this format?!

Recreational adults pay to attend classes week after week, month after month, year after year. Yet rarely do they ever have the opportunity to actually learn to perform a Dance with a beginning, a middle and a big finish.

Maybe in a 90 minutes class the teacher alots 10 minutes to across the diagonal grand or petite allegro combinations, which you get to perform just ONCE on each side. The next class there is a different enchainement rather than perfecting and mastering a quality set of moves over several weeks.

Someone has FINALLY put themselves in the shoes and slippers of recreational adult learners. It’s about bloody time. Thank you!

1 Replies to RAD’s Repertoire packaged learning

re: RAD�s Repertoire packaged learning
By Andy32
On Tue Jul 03, 2018 01:46 PM
This is so cool - thanks for sharing. This is my second point of disappointment with studying adult ballet (the first being the fact that my wife is not a fan - she will let me take class, but no recitals, Nutcracker or any performance). I wish a class would build on the center combinations and have us learn real repertoire, instead of just different combinations week to week. As a musician, it's the equivalent of learning different chord progressions, but no real songs. What fun is that? And to have different levels, and barre exercises in support of repertoire, that's tremendous. I actually looked into RAD in my area, but there are no classes. If I can't do performances or recitals, the next best thing would be to do some structured training, so at least I could work toward those certifications and feel like I accomplished something in dance.

ReplySendWatch