Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

Tapered box for square toes? Grishko?
By LeoEscondidinhas
On Fri Jul 06, 2018 04:06 AM

Hello!
First of all, I have wide compressible feet with short, square toes. I used bloch balance for a long time, but ended up switching since I found them not to be very supportive (although quite comfy - too much). So I tried the bloch synergies, and they were a mess. Then I got the bloch triomphe. They were quite comfortable when I bought them, and really supportive, probably due to being slightly tapered. However, when I use them for a long time my big toes start hurting quite a lot.
Is there anyone who has square toes and gets along with slightly tapered boxes?

Also, I was wondering about grishkos. Would the triumph be good for me? It's weird, as I see some pics where they look more tapered than in others.

Suggestions? Thanks!

1 Replies to Tapered box for square toes? Grishko?

re: Tapered box for square toes? Grishko?
By Serendipity42Premium member
On Wed Jul 11, 2018 06:36 PM
Back in the dark ages of ballet, one could ONLY get tapered shoes. I should think you can try a tapered or semi-tapered shoe if you feel that it would work for you. I would highly recommend going to a professional fitting shop and trying on a few dozen or so (exaggerating, but if you have difficult feet, a two-hour fitting would not be unusual).

Also, take a look at the chart offered on this site. I would recommend perhaps semi-tapered with square toes, rather than fully tapered. And, yes, I do I fit shoes although I don’t do it for a living. :)

www.the-perfect-pointe.com . . .

ReplySendWatch