Forum: Irish / Irish - Hardshoe

URGENT! Need flooring ideas to put over concrete
By faith_zbruk
On Mon Jul 09, 2018 02:20 AM

Hi! I’m going to be doing a multicultural day dance at school and just wondering if anyone has any cheap ideas on what I can use on the ground to be able to still hear the heavys so I don’t have to ruin them on the horrible concrete. Thank you so much! X

2 Replies to URGENT! Need flooring ideas to put over concrete

re: URGENT! Need flooring ideas to put over concrete
By kinsidhe
On Tue Jul 10, 2018 07:39 AM
How much space do you need?
Interlocking foam mats with a piece of plywood over the top will give you a little cushion between you and the concrete as well as give you a hard surface to sound your shoes on.

If the plywood is too big to transport I recommend "DRICORE" subfloor tiles. They are 2'x2' and interlock-helps to have a mallet or wee hammer to give them a knock together. You can put these over the interlock foam mats.
re: URGENT! Need flooring ideas to put over concrete
By WantJazz
On Tue Jul 10, 2018 08:21 AM
In case of drycore, you can sell it later on Craiglist. The cons is that it is going to cost you some money anyway.

Another option is to check with event/wedding planning providers in your area, or some music stores. You may be able to rent a low height stage assembly for one day. This would likely be the best option from safety/effort/cost perspective.

My story

ReplySendWatch