Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Beginners

No place in my city Offers Adult Ballet Class
By Bdn
On Wed Aug 29, 2018 08:45 PM

I am an adult male 35 years old and I ride horses doing the English discipline and have heard my instructors saying ballet would be a good thing for that and ballet students progress much quicker. I have called many places and they don’t offer adult classes. Is there anything I could say to them or way of going about getting them to accept me and put me in a regular class with younger ones or ones closer to my age? I just want to learn but it is being an issue!! Any help would be hugely appriciated!! I would love to join somewhere if they would be willing to let it happen that way!!

8 Replies to No place in my city Offers Adult Ballet Class

re: No place in my city Offers Adult Ballet Class
By Bdn
On Fri Sep 07, 2018 07:30 PM
Mansfield Texas
By Serendipity42Premium member
On Sat Sep 08, 2018 09:10 AM
Here is one in Arlington.
www.abacademy.com . . .

And another
www.ididance.com . . .

Mansfield Academy of Dance claims to have adult classes but the schedule link is inactive.
By Bdn
On Sat Sep 08, 2018 07:06 PM
I tried Mansfield Dance Academy and they don’t offer adult ballet classes and the other 2 are 15 to 20 min away and I was trying to do a local place if it is possible or if somehow they could include me in a class with beginners or othersthat are my lever or close. I know they would pryie be teens and youth but so what I want to learn ballet!! I ride with kids out at the barn that are half my age and then some and we all get along very well!! I am frusterated that there is not an adult class closer but would be extant ic if there was a way they would somehow accept me in but if there isn’t oh well I guess I tried. Let me know if there is something I could say or do that may make them want to or things I could do. I do appreciate you checking those though!!
By Bdn
On Sat Sep 08, 2018 07:10 PM
I tried Mansfield Dance Academy and they don’t offer adult ballet classes and the other 2 are 15 to 20 min away and I was trying to do a local place if it is possible or if somehow they could include me in a class with beginners or othersthat are my lever or close. I know they would pryie be teens and youth but so what I want to learn ballet!! I ride with kids out at the barn that are half my age and then some and we all get along very well!! I am frusterated that there is not an adult class closer but would be extant ic if there was a way they would somehow accept me in but if there isn’t oh well I guess I tried. Let me know if there is something I could say or do that may make them want to or things I could do. I do appreciate you checking those though!!
On Sun Sep 09, 2018 06:30 AM
Give it a try. I dance with teens because there are no classes nearby for adults that are above beginner level.
By Bdn
On Sun Sep 09, 2018 06:39 PM
What exactly could I say to them that would make it where they may consider including me in some class some where? When I have asked they just say they don’t have an adult class and they don’t have anything for me. I would love to at least find one that would accept me but don’t exactly know what to say. If you have any ideas or ways I could go about it or if you think you could talk one of them into it being a dancer I would appriciate any help but if not guess I am out of options. I do appriciate all your help!!
On Tue Sep 11, 2018 02:12 PM
“Hello,
I am passionate about taking ballet lessons at this point in my life. There are no adult classes for me at all that are conveniently located. Would it be possible for me to take one of your teen beginner classes? I would greatly appreciate it if you would be willing.”

When you ask, do not ask by phone. Go in to the studio.
Hope that helps.

ReplySendWatch