Forum: Adults / 40 Something

I cannot catch or if I do my pronation issues change from one skate to another. Ready to quit!
By ashepps
On Fri Jan 18, 2019 05:32 AM

I need un-going over pronation help that seems to be constantly shifting. I can medial post the heel on the inside to make my ankle slant to a straight position over my center of gravity and then I can skate perfectly. I can go back on the ice a few days later with the same posting and I end up sliding all over the place then I need to remove both skates and try different postings and return to the ice to see how the skates feel. This is never ending and became far worse after two issues with back problems and sciatica to rendering nerves in my right big toe and the next one to it damaged a little, but my feet seem fine and wet tracings show my arches would appear normal. I then learn from an Superfeet orthopedists that was giving me some help that say my large D width was the problem and that if I had a C or narrow skate it would hold my postings firmly in place and the narrow ankle would hold my ankle straighter in the boot compensating to keep it the ankle up straight with the stiff boot and the posts.
So, we determined that my postings may be right, but my heel pocket and ankle pocket, in general, were two wide for me and I need a narrow skate! I then get a new custom made skate, but they don't tell me that for my size, men's 5.5 that there is no custom last therefore even though they have added help with their built in support and stiff sides after four times on the ice I have my feet sliding outward from under me. The very first day I was at the top of the world as I was over my center of gravity and it felt so good! Now, is the problem only that the skate is wide or am I changing my pronation between each time that I go and skate? In my younger days I must have had a bit of pronation as I always needed a deep radius of hollow, but now when corrected I can skate on 1/2" or above, what a difference with proper correction, but it won't stay there! I have the chance to send these skates back and there is another maker that has junior slates in a narrow C width, perhaps I should try that. But, really, I cannot believe that I will ever be consistently over my edges! Thanks, Alan

ReplySendWatch