Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

Help with pointe shoes :(
By MissSickle
On Fri Apr 10, 2020 03:55 PM
Edited by MissSickle (343064) on 2020-04-10 15:58:07 cant use apostrophes apparently
Edited by MissSickle (343064) on 2020-04-10 15:58:26 cant use apostrophes apparently
Edited by MissSickle (343064) on 2020-04-10 16:03:54 pics didnt upload :(
Edited by MissSickle (343064) on 2020-04-10 16:17:40 added fourth pic

I got fitted for my pointe shoes a few weeks ago before the shutdown of everything and I thought they were fine but now they dont look right to me :( These are really hard russian pointe shoes and it took me a while to break them in and they still dont feel right.

The first pic is how they normally look with the ouch pouch:
imageshack.us . . .
The second pic is without the pouch which makes it less tight I guess but my arch looks weird lol:
imageshack.us . . .
The last pic is when i got really crafty (because the stores are all closed) so i attached my leo elastic around to hopefully recreate what a vamp elastic might help with. I think its more supported with it:
imageshack.us . . .

Heres also another pic thats closer up, im pretty sure the vamp is too low:
imageshack.us . . .
Im thinking the vamp is too low or maybe the shoe is too tight or small for me?
If i were to guess i think these a a little small for me and the vamp is too low, so i might either get them fitted somewhere else, or lose the pouch and add a vamp elastic.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance and dont forget to stay safe! :)
re: Help with pointe shoes :(
By mcoury2000
On Fri Apr 17, 2020 01:30 AM
Hi! I think the shoes may be a little too hard for you to go all the way over! I would once all this craziness is done, is get refitted! You want to feel confident in the shoe and if these don't feel right, then best to get refitted!

ReplySendWatch