Forum: Advice / Support

My Sister-In-Law Just Passed Away
By maureensiobhan
On Thu Dec 10, 2020 01:19 PM

My sister-in-law passed away this morning at 10:00. I burst into tears when my brother called me to let me know. She was the fifth close family member we've lost in the past twelve years. She had stage 4 lung cancer and diabetes.

4 Replies to My Sister-In-Law Just Passed Away

re: My Sister-In-Law Just Passed Away
By maureensiobhan
On Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:44 AM
All of us thought she would die of the cancer. She died instead of a brain bleed. She had been having seizures, and was falling quite a lot. I'm guessing that was what may have caused the bleed. When she fell, she may have bumped her head hard against the floor or wherever she had fallen.

I'll certainly never forget her. She was so patient when she was showing me how to cook when my mom died..

My sister-in-law was from England Of course, the rest of her family in England have had to be contacted. Based on any new travel restrictions, I don't know if they might be allowed to fly over here from the U.K. If we have a service, they may have to be here only via skype. That wuld be so cold and impersonal.

All-in-all, this year is not going to be a very merry christmas for us.
By maureensiobhan
On Sun Dec 20, 2020 05:37 PM
Edited by maureensiobhan (80481) on 2020-12-20 17:39:24
Today, we held the funeral service. The pastor, my brother (sister-in law's husband), and my sister-in-law's daughter each read a eulogy. There was a small banner that said, "Best Scouser in the World".

We will all miss my sister-in-law deeply.
By ChristinePremium member
On Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:45 PM
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2020-12-27 23:51:36 fixed typo
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2020-12-27 23:53:44
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2020-12-27 23:54:10
I am so, SO, sorry....

I haven't been on here in a long time. I apologize for not offering my sincerest condolences when you first posted. This has just been a horrible year for most of us, I'm afraid.

I am glad you were able to have some kind of funeral, although I am sure it is not what you would have wanted. When my sister died, we were only allowed 10 people, total, and even now, 9 months later, it just feels so odd. The family members who have died since then didn't even have funerals. Just on line posting sites. My brother in law lost his sister, just a month after his wife, my son in law lost his mother a week later, and my dear friend lost her husband. I also had a cousin die just a few days before Christmas. No funerals for any of them. I can't ever remember losing so many people in one year. I am sorry you had to lose someone you loved so dearly.

I am glad you have wonderful memories of your SIL and I pray they will console you through this very sad time. I imagine this brings back the dark days that followed your mom's passing, and that can compound your grief, I'm afraid. I wish I had something more helpful to offer than words...

When my daughter in law died after a long bout with brain cancer, I did find that there was a certain sense of relief that she was not suffering and that all the horrible events of the end were finally over for her. I hope you too might find some peace in the knowledge that such a good, kind, person as your sister in law is at peace.

I am especially sorry you and and your family to had to face Christmas so soon. I don't know if you feel this, but the cousin the week before Christmas...(she too was one of the nicest, kindest, sweet, people I have ever known).... I almost felt like this Christmas was so full of profound losses, it was almost a relief to have, "the first", take place in a year that was already a total dumpster fire, anyway. I was sad that she died, but by next year, we will have been through the entire cycle once and sometimes, the first of everything is the worst.

Many hugs.... again, I am so, SO, sorry.

xoxo
By maureensiobhan
On Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:55 AM
Dear Christine, I wish I could offer my sincerest condolences better than online, but I hope it is enough.

Both of us have lost one close family member boom, boom, boom, one right after the other. My brother and I do feel a sense of relief that my SIL is no longer suffering any pain. She'll always be here with us in spirit, just as surely as your loved ones will always be with you in spirit. Our loved ones aee never truly gone from us.

ReplySendWatch