Forum: Folk / African Dance

Page:
Page 4 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5
re: who is black here
By Keaghlan15member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Apr 29, 2005 03:54 PM
gurl no your not! im black and when i first came here and saw all the white faces i was taken aback but now i really dont care. this site has really helped me with my tec and if you look harder you will find a few more of us!

-Kaylin

keaghlang@yahoo.com
By NeoSoulchildmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Apr 30, 2005 08:47 PM
Edited by tooty1981 (117377) on 2005-04-30 20:42:52
I'm here in Washington state, and I'm black (high yella, actually LOL)! What's up my peeps! :]

I don't think it's anything wrong with knowing how many blacks are on this website... since the US already likes to make every race a percentage. I didn't think there were this many blacks on here. Now, that I know... can ya'll please come and help a sista out in the debate forum sometime? Thank you. :D
I'm black
By dansestar
On Sun May 08, 2005 06:18 PM
HI I'm black and I live in Texas. I also understand where you are coming from, You mean no disrespect, but depending on where your from, and your teacher, lots of things can be different and that makes relating with other dancers difficult. Also this does not mean that your school or instruct is bad or lacking, just simply different.
By Dancerfosho
On Sat May 21, 2005 08:59 PM
I'm black and I'm from Louisiana. No I'm not racist but I am black. You thought you were the only one, I thought I was!
By LilBallerina1
On Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:34 PM
From da dirty dirty down here in J-ville Florida, I'm black too, cuz.
By dangeruz
On Tue Jul 12, 2005 03:12 AM
mom was black- daddy was blacker- me- I am a blend of the two
- and as a dancer- I am an afro-arabian bellydancer blending the African dance with the arabian dance- thank god for mixtures

Black? Recognize me- by the color of the soles of my feet -as they kiss a darkened motherearth, ' the dust in her eyes flyin' and the rat-a-tat-tat-tat-dum of my toes drumin' Black? Recognize
By singin247
On Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:39 AM
ooh no right here!!!!oooh pick me hey over here im black....yeah me right here....see your not alone
By Mariposa06
On Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:56 PM
I'm black too, and I live in Maryland. I had no idea there were so many black dancers on dance.net. I started with ballet but I love all dance. I think I'll try salsa, then belly dance, then modern...I just can't decide.
By nikkiloves2dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 03:38 AM
im black, im from the uk!
By tinkerbella06
On Sun Aug 28, 2005 01:21 PM
im black
Black Dancer
By Diallo
On Tue Aug 30, 2005 07:17 PM
As a Black Dancer for the past 30 years, and Caribbean born, I must say that it does matter if you are Black or not in this world, since the trend was to create cultural divisions throughout society, so of course dance is directly affected by the White Supremacy effect. Where ever I have traveled the same picture shows its face....A REAL DANCER IS A CLASSICAL DANCER......but I have news for all those who thinks like that, from experience.....A REAL DANCER IS A BLACK DANCER, Afrikan...Caribbean..Jazz...Tap...etc. KEEP ON DANCING BLACK!
Race has a lot to do with it...., WAKE UP!
By Diallo
On Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:58 PM
How can you ask such a question, ( what does race has to do with it?) you must be living a world of make belief, race has a lot to do with it....if you do not know yet...well here is the reason in two words... WHITE SUPREMACY... it still exist in everything we do in this world......WAKE UP MY FRIEND
By holypan
On Thu Sep 22, 2005 06:02 PM
I'm white.
Living in denial
By Diallo
On Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:14 PM
Most dancers live in denial of the race issue, while others enjoy the privilages that it provides. We must all stop encouraging the situation and wake up to a world of reality that consist of WHITE SUPREMACY that exist in everything we do, which includes DANCE......I AM BLACK AND PROUD! you should be too....but please do not close your eyes to what exist around you.....let's all find a way to deal with it and continue to project our culture of BLACK DANCE and be proud of it.....JUST IMAGINE A WORLD OF DANCE WITHOUT BLACK DANCE.....
By atlantaballerina
On Tue Sep 27, 2005 06:03 PM
I am, I was taking African for a While and i stopped a few years ago

As u can see I am from THE ATL
By liljb
On Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:10 AM
hey! I'm balck too from Montreal Canada. Here we can count how many black dancers are represented professionaly...actually...three (that i know of, including myself) yup!! Maybe there's more, but i havn't seen them yet!
By liljb
On Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:14 AM
hey! i'm trying to post and it won't let me...anyhow...i'm black too...I'm from Montreal, Canada
By liljb
On Mon Nov 14, 2005 04:53 PM
any black dancers here that Do a lot of ballet on top of african?
WHO IS BLACK HERE
By spargs
On Fri Nov 18, 2005 05:15 AM
I JUST SURFED IN AND HAD SUCH A GOOD LAUGH. GO GUY'S AND ENJOY YOUR DANCING. JUST STARTED AT DANCE.NET AND ITS GREAT FUN.
By dancingTigress
On Fri Nov 25, 2005 08:26 PM
HeHeHe you guys are loose!!!!! Yep, I'm black and I think I've danced every culture in the book.

Someone asked how are black dancers trained differently...less opportunity (mostly because of financial reasons or lack of exposure). Often times lack of quality studios in our neighborhoods....everyone doesn't live in NYC or Philly to be around great dance companies that offer great training.

But hey you guys are right it doesn't matter if you're black or white...in fact most of the time I forget that I'm the only black student in my university's ballet classes...that is of coarse until my professor reminds me or needs my AFRICAN PERSPECTIVE on dance. HeHeHeHeHe!
By DancingDiva2004
On Wed Jan 04, 2006 06:06 PM
im black and i just joined a few days ago....i was interested in finding other black ppl on here as well.
By Malindy
On Fri Jan 13, 2006 09:12 PM
Edited by Malindy (114912) on 2006-01-13 21:15:14
I'm Black. I'm from St. Louis
By AmericanDancer07
On Tue Feb 21, 2006 06:57 PM
My Two Cents

It really dosen't matter, but ina way it still does. You see, My mom is black, native american, and white. My dad is white. So I'm mixed. Some people consider me white, some people consider my black. I consider myself biracial. As far a black dancers not being represented...I understand what you mean but then again I don't. Has anyone heard of Deeply Rooted or Alvin Ailey? These are black dance companies you know. But There aren't many black ballerians in ABT, NYCB, Joffery, or PNB. But mabye there aren't that many intrested? I dunno.
Page:
Page 4 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch