Forum: General / Hip Hop / Capoeira

Never heard of such
By Shorty18
On Thu Sep 11, 2003 02:38 AM

The name looks hard to say so it's gotta be hard to learn right? What are the basics and how can I learn how to do it?

4 Replies to Never heard of such

Well...
By Capoeira
On Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:58 AM
First, go to capoeira.com, planetcapoeira.com, brazilca.com, and the other threads here and read about it.

Then, look for a school! There are capoeira schools and studios in every major city at this point. (And I know it's true, since there's even three in Cleveland)

If you want, I can post a link to the database for capoeira schools, listed by region.
re: Never heard of such
By mexican_muneca
On Fri Sep 19, 2003 03:43 PM
those who want to get introduced to this style of dance
a good movie to watch is
"Only The Strong"

enjoy.
No, It's not
By Capoeira
On Sat Sep 20, 2003 06:09 AM
Sorry man but 'Only the Strong' is a godaweful movie, with a plot like crocadile dundee, martial arts scenes like the sound of music, and staring a kung foo practitioner who knows (and you can quote me) Jack Shit about Capoeira.

If the links I posted above aren't enough, then watch Van Damn's "The Quest". It has an actual Capoeira Mestre in one part, and he really kicks butt.
No, It's not
By Capoeira
On Sat Sep 20, 2003 06:17 AM
Sorry man but 'Only the Strong' is a godaweful movie, with a plot like crocadile dundee, martial arts scenes like the sound of music, and staring a kung foo practitioner who knows (and you can quote me) Jack Sh!t about Capoeira.

If the links I posted above aren't enough, then watch Van Damn's "The Quest". It has an actual Capoeira Mestre in one part, and he really kicks butt.

ReplySendWatch