Popular Ballet

Pre-Ballet vs Beginning Ballet? by Julietta
Hey guys! I'm eighteen years old and picking up ballet after being out of class for a few years. I...

Forum: General / Administrative

Administrative
When was Ballerino29 banned? en>fr fr>en
By DancePrincess827member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 6352, member since Mon Mar 10, 2003
On Fri Sep 12, 2003 04:24 PM
Edited by AussieAsherina (19072) on 2003-09-12 18:55:25 Moved to Admin board. Ban discussions only allowed on administration board.

I noticed that Ballerino29 was banned. When did this happen? And how come I didn't see it announced in the Administrative forum?

15 Replies to When was Ballerino29 banned?

re: When was Ballerino29 banned? en>fr fr>en
By DancerNerd Comments: 1005, member since Sun Feb 23, 2003
On Fri Sep 12, 2003 04:28 PM
They dont announce every single banning. only ones they feel the public should know about. Some people are banned for private reasons.
By Dawsondancer Comments: 1600, member since Fri Jun 13, 2003
On Fri Sep 12, 2003 04:39 PM
This only a theory of mine but I had always noticed that he had these one worded comments like "great pic" or "nice arch". He never really posted any comments that really had any insight or thought behind them. I was also kinda weirded out that his comments sometimes were totally out of context with the subject matter. Like with one photo I remember seeing that was causing a ruckus about some girl in a risque pose he simple put "nice split" or something like that. I'm not entirely sure why the mods banned him but that might be part of the reason. Though, I'm not really sure.

Dawson
By DreamingTreemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3193, member since Sat May 24, 2003
On Fri Sep 12, 2003 06:17 PM
Dawson stole my words haha!
I didn't want to be rude or anything, but I reported him many times. It was way to annoying.

Cathy
By DancePrincess827member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 6352, member since Mon Mar 10, 2003
On Fri Sep 12, 2003 06:46 PM
Oh, I totally agree with you Dawson. I just didn't know when it happened. It kinda weirded me out that he only replied to photos anyways and then that they were simply responses like "a great arabesque" or "nice attitude." It not only seemed a little perverted, but a little like star farming. I was always weirded out by him, so (though it's horrible to say) I'm kinda glad he was banned.
By AussieAsherinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2389, member since Thu Jan 10, 2002
On Fri Sep 12, 2003 06:59 PM
As the others have said, all of ballerino's posts we short comments about shoes, feet, bodies etc. Also, we thought it may have been the same ballerino that was banned a while back (see www.dance.net . . .). Also he posted a couple of photos that could be seen as suggestive and somewhat innapropriate for this site. There wasn't really a reason why stuff wasn't posted on admin, but sometimes it just gets overlooked if the mods are really busy or something! We mean to get around to it sometimes, but get sidetracked by something else!

Hope this answers your question.
By newyorkdollmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5451, member since Thu May 16, 2002
On Sat Sep 13, 2003 01:08 PM
Sometimes his "ballerino" signature was longer than his post! He's just put "cute leo" or something. I'm not trying to be mean or anything...it's possible his first language wasn't english which is fine, but whatever lol...thanks mods :)
By newtoballet Comments: 3404, member since Sat Feb 16, 2002
On Sat Sep 13, 2003 02:10 PM
Edited by newtoballet (21852) on 2003-09-13 14:11:04
Removed by dsrutis (25195) on 2003-09-14 02:34:29 members request
It's pretty obvious from reading his messages that English was NOT his native language. Which would be a good reason for someone to give short answers (his multi-sentance replies are almost comically incomprhensible.) So this is why we ban him? "Wunderbar!"
By AussieAsherinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2389, member since Thu Jan 10, 2002
On Sat Sep 13, 2003 08:42 PM
Just to clear something up, the mods would never ever EVER ban someone just because of language problems. We do take in to consideration that some people's native language is not english. As I said in the above post, he posted some pictures of himself that were somewhat suggestive, and that was the major problem. We also felt it was too great a coincidence that he had a very similar membername to a previously banned member, and exhibited the same behavior that the member was banned for.
By newyorkdollmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5451, member since Thu May 16, 2002
On Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:28 PM
Oooh I'm so sorry if I gave off the impression that he was bad because his first language wasn't english! I didn't mean that at all. :(
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10636, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:27 PM
Well, I know him a little bit from a german balletclub. He´s a normal member there. That´s everything I know.
I think the reason why he made so short replys and sometimes replys that didn´t fit where because of his language problems.
I don´t think he was the other ballerino, but I´m sure that the mods thought carefully about it and if they decided to do it for safety reasons - then I´ll not say anything.

I think, if someone has such HUGE language problems they should better go to a forum where they can speak in their language. Otherwise they´ll never understand if they say something completly wrong or unfitting.

Kathy
By rosagurl27member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1024, member since Mon Jun 16, 2003
On Mon Sep 22, 2003 09:34 AM
I just noticed a new member called Ballerino3 (who has already been banned). Like Ballerino29 and all those previous characters, this person was only posting 2 word replies...were they the same person??? I find it incredibly pathetic to keep on making meaningless profiles on dance.net and posting meaningless posts in such an obvious way!!
*Rosagurl*
By Etoile_Filantemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6053, member since Wed Jan 09, 2002
On Mon Sep 22, 2003 09:37 AM
rosagurl, this memeber was the same one returning again, and he was banned once again!
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10636, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Mon Sep 22, 2003 01:12 PM
I saw this Ballerino3, too. And I was really surprised you found him so fast!!!! Yes, it really looks like it was the same person.

I REALLY (!!!! ) want to say now that I´m happy we have you mods. You do a lot for us and I feel so good here. You make it a better place. Thank you!!!

Kathy

www.ballett.istcool.de
By rosagurl27member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1024, member since Mon Jun 16, 2003
On Wed Sep 24, 2003 09:41 AM
WOW you mods are amazing...how do u find these ppl so fast??? I didn't read the above posts about Ballerino having language problems...however I still feel that if he understood enough English to repeat making profiles and salute, he should've understood that tooo short comments and seemingly suggestive posts were inappropriate...well, i'll leave it at that..
*Rosagurl*
On Wed Sep 24, 2003 02:56 PM
I totally agree with you Rosagurl. And the thing is, he has been banned numerous times and the reasons have been posted in the Administrative forum. And I'm sure he's been told why he was banned. So, if he really cared, he would stop doing the bad things he was banned for.

ReplySendWatch