Forum: Music / Music Search

Page:
Page 7 of 9: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: Lyrical Songs for Kids
By dancingforHim
On Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:25 AM
Butterfly Kisses by bob carlisle and one moment more( forgot artist) are great songs. Check them out!
By dancingforHim
On Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:26 AM
Bob Carlisle sings Butterfly kisses
By bella4u
On Mon Sep 04, 2006 08:53 PM
I just want to comment on all those who say that younger kids shouldn't do lyrical because they cannot relate to the song given they haven't been through abuse or whatever the song is specifically talking about. But honestly think about it... how many teenagers and adults dance to these songs without ever having experienced any of these things. I did dances about murders, and deaths, I even did a dance about the Titanic sinking and people died in it when I was 13, and I had never experienced that.

Being able to portray something that hasn't happened to you personally defines what it means to be a performer. I think teaching kids early on what it means to feel and express different kinds of music will only make them better performers as they mature. Of course the teacher has to clarify exactly what the song means for these kids but I do think kids can be introduced to lyrical.

I would agree to lay off the heavier subjects, but not rule lyrical out entirely.
By diamonddiva
On Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:49 PM
Wow I dont agree with you at all!!!!

My daughter has been competiting to lyrical since she was 6 and let me tell you she is beautiful. Her facials are wonderful and her expressions to the sad moments in her songs are right on. As far as children of any age they should not know the sadness that is in our music. It is our job as parents to keep them safe and protected. But to also have feelings for those that do.
Butterfly Kisses
By borntodance_02
On Sat Sep 23, 2006 01:58 PM
Butterfly Kisses is by Bob Carlisle!
I don't know if someone told you already but here it is! Sorry haha
By NewFoundGracemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Oct 22, 2006 06:20 PM
'Wherever You Are'- Pooh's Grand Adventure.
Very pretty, and kids can relate to it enough to dance and be expressive. Two videos of the song are here-
youtube.com . . .
Lyrical Songs for Kids
By Callan
On Mon Oct 30, 2006 03:53 PM
Hey we did a great lyrical song last year to I Dream in Color! Hope I can help!
childrens Lyrical songs
By butterflypink
On Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:06 AM
One of my favorate songs done by someone at a competition. She was about 8 years old and it was Love is like a Butterfly by Dolly Parton.
By bluesoup
On Fri Dec 01, 2006 03:58 PM
"Whatever You Imagine" from the movie The Pagemaster is brilliant! I think it's either by Whitney Houston or Wendy Moten.
"I'll Try" by Jonatha Brooke from Return to Neverland is great too.
By MLDancer04
On Tue Jan 02, 2007 08:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about a song for 3-5 yr. olds... The theme is secret garden so it can be a song that relates to anything within a garden. I wanted something about flowers, but at this point anything will do. Please help!!!
By Joaniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Feb 01, 2007 04:45 PM
I weas thinking about this reight now about this thread

S'il suffisat d'aimer by celine dion is such a beautiful french song

it is about fears and other things and is so pretty
By misserin1
On Tue Mar 13, 2007 09:51 AM
a few kids songs I've used in the past have been....

Happiness- You're a good man charlie brown (THE BEST EVER!!!)
Sing a song- sesame street soundtracks
what the world needs now- Molly DeShannon
By musiccuts
On Fri Mar 23, 2007 04:12 PM
"I want a Mom" is a good one for 8/under lyrical.

heres a cut version 2:59

www.megaupload.com . . .
By steppinsteph
On Sat Mar 31, 2007 09:02 AM
Bette Midler has a nice version of God Help The Outcasts, too.
Only Hope
By dance_kat_165
On Mon Apr 09, 2007 07:10 AM
I agree I think Only hope is for any age , i perfer when it is chosen for a group of older more mature dancers, but i think it is a beautiful song and its great especially for a great lyrical dance
By mandy22
On Sun Apr 15, 2007 09:43 PM
either colors of the wind or god bless america
By Dom919
On Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:21 AM
I used "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" I feel like Ernie from Sesame Street sings it, but my friend was arguing that it's actually Kermit the Frog. Anyhow, the dance was beautiful, and the lyrics are very easy for them to understand and relate to.
By mandy22
On Tue May 08, 2007 10:27 AM
i hope you dance by Lee Ann Womack
By Dancefreak4eva
On Mon Jul 23, 2007 07:41 PM
you'll be in my heart-tarzan

i did it in 4th grade
By Dancefreak4eva
On Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:31 AM
when i was in forth grade i did you'll be in my heart from tarzan its really good if you dont want to do something cutesy but its still appropriate.
By Manda2195
On Tue Aug 07, 2007 06:17 PM
umm. there is a song called "candle on the water" or something like that. sorry im not too sure of the name
By diamonddiva
On Mon Aug 27, 2007 07:26 PM
I would hope that most children have not had the experiences that most Lyrical songs relate to. But As you know this is not a perfect world. I do believe that most of the dancers are tought to perform! and that is what they are doing. I dont believe Arnold Schwarzenegger has lived all the situations his movies have portrayed. So on that note I believe my daughter of the ripe age of 8 showed everyone what it felt like to be a forgotten toy to when somebody loved me.
By blochpointesalltmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Oct 18, 2007 04:54 PM
I personally like Held by Natalie Grant for younger dancers. There are also some pretty darn amazing versoins of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" and "Amazing Grace" perfect for younger children.I hate going to competitions and seeing little kids in their underwear doing nothing but acro tricks to a song about their lost lover. It makes me sick.
By dance4ballet
On Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:22 PM
Pure imagination-Charlie and The Chocolate Factory (the old one)

I want to make magic-Fame soundtrack

The circle of life-Lion King

A whole new world-aladdin
By mimidancer
On Tue Apr 29, 2008 02:50 PM
I personally like cherry rd. by Martina Sorbara. I hope this helps someone!
Page:
Page 7 of 9: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch