Forum: Highland / Highland - Hornpipe

Page:
Page 2 of 3: 1 2 3
re: Fave hornpipe step
By dancemanny
On Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:56 PM
i love lowcutting, the swaying is so much fun!
By dance_deva
On Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:49 AM
I loev the low cutting step and also the high cuts at the end, especially if its a bouncy floor and a good slow tune! lol!
By KAZZAmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:00 AM
Edited by KAZZA (68852) on 2004-01-04 11:02:17 spelling !
My fav step is low cutting :)
By Nicci_x_x
On Sun Jan 18, 2004 08:05 AM
My favourite steps are the drunken sailor (dunno if thats the right name) and the lowcutting
By dancer_gurl3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Feb 10, 2004 05:57 PM
Nicci- are you talking about the rocking step? Thats what my teacher always said to think about whule doing it lol

My fave is the crabwalk!

ttfn
Kimmy
By miss_angela
On Thu Apr 08, 2004 02:42 PM
my favourite step is the gathering i love it iv done it for years and i luv the alternate inverted toe heel (if thats the right name?)
By dance_deva
On Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:18 PM
I think thats the right name Angela!!

Does anyone like watching the run and cable haul? I like doing it but I would never do it in a competition!
By AlwaysDancing
On Fri Apr 23, 2004 08:21 AM
I rarely see the Run and Cable Haul in competition, but it's fun to practice to work on stamina and have another step for variety!

My favorite steps are the Scissors and the High Cutting at the end (especially if the piper does 'Clumsy Lover' for the High Cuts... that's my absolute favorite and it always energizes me for the high cuts!) :)

**AlwaysDancing**
By dance_deva
On Tue May 04, 2004 01:04 AM
yeah I agree the run and cable haul and the pumping steps are good for stamina and leg strength but I would never do them in competitions!
By dance_deva
On Tue May 04, 2004 01:08 AM
Recently in a choreography we did a bit of the farewell step and it is actually quite fun to dance and I think it looks quite good!
By fudgie_84
On Tue May 04, 2004 07:30 AM
I like to watch the run and cable haul and the down step and i like to do the step where you do 4 kicks to the angle i'm tired and cant remember the name of it lol..

Alicia..
By highlandlassie
On Tue May 04, 2004 01:31 PM
The step you are trying to remember the name of is "Diagonal Travel" I believe. :)
By fudgie_84
On Wed May 05, 2004 01:03 AM
Oh yeah thanks for that lol i've been doing it long enough i should remember the name of it.. :)

Alicia..
By villagemaid
On Tue May 11, 2004 04:31 AM
My favourites are, rocking, diagonal travel and the big wing cuts at the end. I love doing wing cuts turning :)
By dancingal3
On Tue May 11, 2004 12:28 PM
wing cuts i think what you mean is extended high cuts?

i know what you mean i agree all the way doing highcuts in the cirle pulling the rope is great it gives you so much lift to get our legs fully extended out to the side.
By dancer19882
On Tue May 11, 2004 01:53 PM
i love the inverted toe heel step! and the variated highcuts at the end.
By Tartan22
On Sun Jun 20, 2004 04:18 PM
I LOVE doing the highcuts at the end especially to the music that is a bit different than normal.

~alex~
By katreeannmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:25 AM
Leep Highcuts at the end of the dance with the retro music also the same in the reel, it gets me pumped because the music is so cool. It makes me feel like I could my my feet go over my head because I get so into it, but not being distracting to the dance.
By SeniorLadyPremium member
On Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:08 AM
Katreeann - I love the highcuts at the end too (and in the reel as well) although I don't do leap highcuts.
By flinger
On Tue Jul 20, 2004 02:09 AM
i don't know the name of this step, but i absolutly love it! it goes: hop down shuffle, hop down shuffle, hop ball-b-ball-b-ball shuffle, hop down shuffle, hop down shuffle, hop ball-b-ball-b-ball shuffle, hop ball-b-ball-b-ball shuffle (to the right), hop ball-b-ball-b-ball shuffle (to the left), hop down shuffle, hop down shuffle, hop down step close. lol what a lot to type!
By highlandlassie
On Tue Jul 20, 2004 07:27 AM
I think that you mean the Gathering In step. Do you gather imaginary ropes with your arms when you do this step?
By flinger
On Wed Jul 21, 2004 03:33 AM
oh ya! my teacher always tells me to pretend that i am actually a sailor pulling the ropes on the sailboat! back straight, arms straight, tight pull-in, all that!
By PHD_againmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 28, 2004 08:43 PM
i love the rocking step... course my favourite fling step is shake and rock... and toe heel and rock in the seann truibhas... i think i just like rocks lol

inverted toe heel can be cool too but i definately prefer dancing the rocking step.
By highlandlassie
On Thu Jul 29, 2004 07:21 AM
So, Phd_again, I'm guessing your favourite Lilt step is.. the rocking step? :)
By i_am_canadian
On Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:47 PM
diagonal travel is a lot of fun (when music's not too fast) and low cutting is my all-time favourite step...it looks great when its done well (maybe i just like the hornpipe because i do well in it :P)

evelyn
Page:
Page 2 of 3: 1 2 3

ReplySendWatch