Forum: Folk / African Dance

AFRO- CARIBEAN DANCE
By tallydancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Oct 21, 2003 03:57 PM

does anyone here do any afro-caribean dance? My dance group is doing alot this year and a lot of people have never heard of it and really misunderstand. at one point the local newspaper said that we were trying to put a spell on the audience. i'm wasn't sure what board to put this under but african dance seemed like the nearest thing. please feel free to comment.

4 Replies to AFRO- CARIBEAN DANCE

what is afro caribbean dance ?
By Celestial
On Thu Oct 23, 2003 08:54 AM
I'm caribbean and i have done african dance before and it has the same elements of african dance, I dont know if u mean an incorporation of other types of dance from different cultures because the caribbean gets its influence from all over.
Sasha
re: AFRO- CARIBEAN DANCE
By tallydancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Oct 23, 2003 02:24 PM
well my afro- caribean dance i'm really talking about the dances that the inslaved africans in the west indies created based on their african heritage, the culture of the natives of the island they were on and the culture of the people who owned them. it not really african dance but it's related. what island are you from? i'm from haiti
Guyana
By Celestial
On Sat Oct 25, 2003 08:30 AM
I'm from Guyana its in South America and sint an islad , i'm sure u know guyanese people ...we all over
Sasha
folk
By danceman01
On Fri Nov 14, 2003 03:21 PM
i am from the c'ban and the dancer should always make sure their bodies are earth bound. you have to know which culture the dance from

ReplySendWatch