Practice
By highlandchris
On Mon Nov 03, 2003 03:27 PM

How often to u practice the hornpipe?

11 Replies to Practice

re: Practice
By GonnaBeAStar
On Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:52 AM
I actually don't practice the honpipe very much, mainly because I don't like it too much!!! :)

We do it in class probably about every 3 or 4 classes, depending on what competitions are coming up! :)
By highlandhottiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Dec 21, 2003 04:39 PM
I practice it a LOT! I don't really like the dance much but my dance class pretty much just started really working on it this year, so we've been doing it tons.
By highland_QT29member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 08, 2004 05:15 PM
Hey
I rarely ever practice it, unless theres a competition coming up with it, and even than, we would only work on it for like one practice.
Chantelle
By highlandchic
On Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:24 PM
we only do it before competitions that have it in, or to learn a new step for choreography or something, it's usually just the main 4 that we practice, all the time! (fling, sword, sean, reels)
By ghilliegurl
On Mon Feb 16, 2004 08:29 PM
Edited by ghilliegurl (84594) on 2004-02-16 20:30:14
i practice at every class atleast once. my sister is the teacher and i am teh only advanced student in the classes. so act like a helper. but i get to do whatever i want. and io guess i like the hornpipe more than some other dances. so i dance it whenever.
By dance_deva
On Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:39 AM
I have a seperate national class once a week, so we probably do the hornpipe every second week. But we do technical work on it, and in choreographies.
By GonnaBeAStar
On Wed Feb 18, 2004 07:08 AM
I think if we practiced the hornpipe more, I'd maybe like it more....
BTW Ghilliegurl, you're so lucky that your sister teaches you!! Though I think I'd kill my little sister if I had to teach her! ;)
By beat_n_mi_feet87
On Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:59 PM
That's kool that you're sister teacher u!! I don't even have a sister!
I think i practice the hornpipe a few times a year... usually the night b4 a competition... in the hotel! LoL! I'm not a big fan of it... and i dislike the jig even more!!
By sparklesister
On Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:33 PM
Most lessons.
By ghilliegurl
On Thu Feb 26, 2004 05:34 PM
i like the hornpipe more than the jig... but yeah my sister can be tyrannical. lol. but shes a good teacher. i am just tired of being the example for everyone. its annoying. but its still cool becasue she asks me for ideas with choreograph y and crap like that.
By dance_deva
On Sun Feb 29, 2004 05:48 AM
I think the hornpipe is a good stamina builder, especially if its a 6 step as the highcuts at the end are sure to build up strength!

ReplySendWatch