Popular Irish

Looking for Classes in Orlando, FL Area by waddlewoof14
I am moving to the Orlando, Fl area this spring and am wondering if anyone knows of any good CLRG...

Forum: General / Administrative

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Administrative
Time out for Geezer4 and Spectator1 en>fr fr>en
By calypsomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3453, member since Fri Aug 10, 2001
On Thu Nov 20, 2003 01:10 AM
Locked by linh (3) on 2003-12-01 15:33:59 There's no need for further discussions since the parties involved and the moderators have had their say. Please remember that you cannot ignore the Term of Service (TOS) even when you think you're doing the right thing. Violating the TOS is a good way to earn a ban.

Without going into large amounts of detail, the accounts of Geezer4 and Spectator1 have been banned for 96 hours. Both members have been using alternate accounts to anonymously post, or contact other members in a negative manner.

This is a violation of our terms of service and will not be tolerated. The alternate accounts have been terminated- and both members have been alerted that a repeat will result in a permanent ban.

BG

48 Replies to Time out for Geezer4 and Spectator1

re: Time out for Geezer4 and Spectator1 en>fr fr>en
By WEEDOLLYmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3827, member since Tue Nov 26, 2002
On Thu Nov 20, 2003 06:24 AM
Hi balletgurl!

I know you dont want to go into great detail, but am confused, do you mean Geezer4 is Spectator1 or have both of these members on here under different usernames?

Sorry but like I say am a bit confused! :D

thanks

Wendyx
By Lise3Premium member Comments: 4482, member since Fri Feb 14, 2003
On Thu Nov 20, 2003 09:40 AM
wow.. I'm surprised...
By calypsomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3453, member since Fri Aug 10, 2001
On Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:20 AM
Each of these members had their own anonymous account.
By Helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6304, member since Tue Dec 03, 2002
On Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:40 AM
Gosh im well suprised
didnt think Rich would do that.

Luv Helen xxx
By DancePrincess827member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 6352, member since Mon Mar 10, 2003
On Thu Nov 20, 2003 02:45 PM
Hmmm...bad people. LOL, jk. That was cool that you didn't just ban them but instead gave them a second chance.
By Supportermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14833, member since Wed Nov 20, 2002
On Thu Nov 20, 2003 03:31 PM
Hiya

I was quite surprised to hear about GEEZER4's
situation tonight up at the dance school...

I'm sure he would explain to us all what this
is all about - if he was given the chance!

From what I can gather Rich's other account
began as his wife's and when things got a
little heated sometimes between members he would
use this other account to try and calm the
situation down.

I know duplicate accounts are frowned upon
badly by the MOD's so I suppose thats the
way it has to go sometime's - but I do like
the idea that the MOD's have only temporarily
banned Rich and Spectator1.

Love,
Kelly doll face2 xxx
By Little_Dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1635, member since Fri Dec 28, 2001
On Fri Nov 21, 2003 03:17 AM
Yeah, I'm always on the Disco Photos board (I think the costumes are AMAZING and those kids are sooo talented!), and I always found Geezer4 and mellygon to be perfectly nice. I know Mel wasn't banned or anything, but it seems strange that Geezer did that! :O
~*~Cara~*~
By Supportermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14833, member since Wed Nov 20, 2002
On Fri Nov 21, 2003 03:38 AM
Hiya

RE ~ Little_Dancer
Cara, yes it does seem quite surprising
for some! But like I tried to explain
last night Rich obviously had his reasons
of which I tried to re-lay a few for him.

Love,
Kelly doll face2 xxx
On Fri Nov 21, 2003 09:54 AM
Kelly,

Sorry to correct you, but some of his actions were definitely NOT to "calm a situation down".

BG
By Kelly2003member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1603, member since Sun Jan 12, 2003
On Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:39 AM
Edited by Kelly2003 (54029) on 2003-11-21 10:45:15
Well this is a shock! I have come on dance net to find that Rich has been banned! Hmm.. thats odd! Rich has never done or said anything to harm anyone and he does alot of work on this site (especially the disco section) to keep order and give constructive advice to everyone!

The account he used was his wife's old account and he did use them to "settle situations" If he did make anything worse, which Im certain he didn't, it would have never been intentional! I know Rich very well and he would never do anything like that! He always likes to solve situations! Not make them worse!

To be honest if I was settling an argument, which he would have been doing, I would want to keep anonymous aswell! I dont blame him!

I really think you should overlook situations before banning people! The disco section wouldnt be anything without Rich as we respect him and he always knows what to do and say! Hes alot like a moderator but not an official one! He does a good job of keeping our section in order!

Kelly2003
On Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:13 PM
Kelly and all,

Rich will be back on Monday; both bans are temporary.

And I am neither going to go into great detail or "post evidence" in this matter. However, be aware that the use of the account was deliberate- and not of good spirit.

Rich has confessed to the fact that he used the account inappropriately.

BG
By Lise3Premium member Comments: 4482, member since Fri Feb 14, 2003
On Fri Nov 21, 2003 04:04 PM
Well well, now that I've heard his side of the story
I belive him! :)
It will be nice to have him back on Monday. It's
like something is missing from the disco section now.

:)
By DANI_ROBINSON Comments: 1009, member since Wed Oct 15, 2003
On Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:51 AM
i kno richards wife has an account, maybe he used that sumtimes but that aint no crime, i mean COME ON have you seen the commets of Spectator 1, they cant even start to compare with rich's!

In all fairness if someone wants to try and solve an argument they do it in there own name thats fair enough!
but just cuming onto dance net and starting arguments and using inappropriate negative comments to put their thoughts and feelings across well im suprised you allow it! cause there are plenty of pple who disagree with that and already have done so by the comments spectator have made!!
Its nice that geezer has owned up to what he's done and is now paying the price, lets see SPECTATOR OR FROSTY doing the same huh???
This is my opinion and is all meant in a nice way!
have a nice day!!
By girly_girl13member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2390, member since Fri Dec 20, 2002
On Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:20 PM
Hiya,

I say BRING BACK THE GEEZER, he is the best lol, i have known him for a while now and he is one of the loveliest people i have met on here,i dont know the whole situation but im sure Rich was doing the right thing, because he hasnt got a bad bone in his body and he just wants this site to be as friendly as possible

x Laura x
On Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:49 PM
Now all of you LISTEN UP.

Geezer will return. But his actions were NOT as saintly as you all seem to think. He will be welcomed back on Monday with a clean slate- but his actions were very serious.

Anonymously, he:

blackmailed members
made false accusations
told someone he hacked their computer

Among other things. Now can we drop it, please? Rich will be back. In the meantime, we mods don't especially like feeling like we are just taking action without reason, especially when the people saying these things do NOT know the score.
BG
By linhPremium member Comments: 2664, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Sat Nov 22, 2003 04:17 PM
And please be aware that the moderators showed him a great deal of consideration as his actions would normally warrant a permanent ban. Dance.net has strict policies about honesty and integrity. Even if you believe you are doing the right thing, you cannot circumvent the Terms of Service. The end does not justify the means. Please get the moderators involved as we have tools and resources that normal users do not, and we can get to the bottom of most issues.

Linh
On Sun Nov 23, 2003 06:02 AM
Edited by PLAYBOY_DANI (75886) on 2003-11-23 06:46:06
in my opinion you seem to be taking this a lil personal balletgurl!
What rich has done isn't as bad and hurting to what spectator has done! i had some very horrible pm's off them saying things i didnt deserve to see as i had done owt wrong!
rich is the good one in all this!
By duct_tape_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2559, member since Wed Jul 31, 2002
On Sun Nov 23, 2003 08:27 AM
I don't know either one of these members, but come on people, drop it already. Can't you just be happy that the mods didn't just ban them? Clearly they did something wrong, the mods don't go around and just ban people because they feel like it.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15165, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Sun Nov 23, 2003 08:33 AM
Yes, please drop it. They both did something wrong, I guess they did different things but they were punished. Dance.net is welcoming them back tomorrow with open arms. They will be back, and they (I am sure) learned a lesson. And no where did I see balletgurl take anything personal, she was explaining the situation.

~*DLS*~
By alleycatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8306, member since Mon Apr 01, 2002
On Sun Nov 23, 2003 03:50 PM
PLAYBOY_DANI: As his attacks were not personal against Balletgurl i don't see how she is taking things personally. I don't think any of you, nor Geezer4 himself sees the seriousness of his violations of our TOS. Threts and hackings are not something anyone should take lightly upon. They are infact illegal in most countries, it's not some silly rule made up at dance.net.

And you are admitting to have recieved threts from a member, but as long as i have been a mod i have not seen any reports on this from you. Why is that? And i have been mod longer than you have had your new account. You are reffering to evidence i have not seen against a 2nd member, to protect a 3rd member against a seporate offence they committed that we have proof on? It doesn't make much sense to me, sorry.
On Mon Nov 24, 2003 03:55 AM
got them all joining in now hehe!!
By unco_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2518, member since Mon Mar 04, 2002
On Mon Nov 24, 2003 05:13 AM
No offense, but, to the poster above me, your making it sound like a game? The mods arnt taking it personally, they are just doing there jobs. I agree that the offenders could have gotten a permanent ban and the mods were nice enough to give them just a temporay ban and a warning.
By alleycatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8306, member since Mon Apr 01, 2002
On Mon Nov 24, 2003 07:06 AM
Edited by alleycat (25274) on 2003-11-24 09:13:55 adding
Yea, we all had to get involved when it came to the question of letting them stay or not. Offcourse we are interrested in what happends further. It caused alot of work.

Besides, PLAYBOY_DANI; you didn't reply to my question? Could you please report or send a PM about it?

-alleycat
By dancing_queen72member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1106, member since Tue Oct 08, 2002
On Mon Nov 24, 2003 07:21 AM
i think its hard for the mods, because some members do 'borderline' things, that may warrant an in between temporary and permanent, i think the mods do a great job and balletgurl is not taking it personally, it just so happens to be her job! GEEZER4 did seem lovely and he probably is, but that doesnt excuse him for the bad, negative actions he has made. same as supporter1, if he's been nasty in posts, or blacknmailed people or whatever, he deserves to be punished.

Lora xxx
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed