Forum: Ask a Teacher

Page:
Page 4 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5
re: "Is It Too Late" FAQ
By dancerelmo
On Sat Feb 19, 2005 08:02 PM
I totally agree! I think everyone who wants to dance should have the chance, no matter how old they are!!!
By Mauiballetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:04 PM
ITS NEVER TO LATE!!

I know a lot fo us have quit and gone through certain stages in our lives...but overall, dance is ALWAYS there. No matter what type it is. I quit before i went to college and now that im done with college...i am back into it and even more motivated now than when i did ballet/pointe before. I think when your an adult...you make the choice to dance out of passion...instead of when your little and your parents put you in it.

KEEP DANCING!!
By dynamicdancers
On Thu Mar 10, 2005 06:40 AM
Hey all!
I've taught people to dance who thought it was too late and it isnt at all.
I know a girl who couldnt even do splits until 24 even though she had tried all of her life. Something just clicked into place for her...maybe she lost her fears and inhibitions.
Free your mind and you can do anything
By danzjds
On Thu Mar 24, 2005 09:21 PM
it never to late to dance i teach many age for 3 to 60 all about your heart and what you like todo
By karenkc
On Wed Apr 13, 2005 09:26 AM
heya every1 its never 2 late 2 start dancing. dont let being old enough and having 2 go 2 beginner classes put u off. coz after a while ul b great especialy if u have a natural beat. xxxx
By lacey_graham69
On Sun Apr 24, 2005 05:06 PM
I am 16 and am just getting started dancing. Well actually, I haven't even really got started yet. I live in Northern Iowa so there ain't much dancing classes and such up here. And there is only a couple down in Des Moines. Hopefully I can still make my dream come true of becoming a professional dancer. (preferibly (sp?) hip-hop)
Lacey Kay ~!
By somang
On Fri May 13, 2005 11:09 PM
hmm... I'm one of those who has posted such a question!! sorry guys!! well yes I'm 30 and I only picked up dancing 3 yrs ago on a leisure basis and now contemplating dance as a career. Might be taking up a diploma course in dance.. If all else went well I'd graduate at age 33.. ooops.. I will still wanna further my dance qualifications (overseas) if finances allow though.. ;)

Long as passion burns with committment and hard work.. nothing will be in the way!!!!!
TOO LATE
By robtriestodancemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 19, 2005 02:11 AM
I AM HOPING THAT THERE IS NO AGE LIMIT AS I HAVE JUST STARTED TO LEARN AND I AM 22
By SingingaWay247
On Sat Jun 11, 2005 03:58 PM
Hi! I'm a theatre major graduating from a community college that offers no dance courses. I've been dancing for almost 5 years now off and on because of show conflicts in theatre. I started dancing at a performing arts High school. I really love dancing so much, and I even loved it before acting as a child, but my family didn't have the money to pay for dance classes. I know that I can use my gift of acting in dance, but I've never been able to perform a dance other than in plays or at church... It is ridiculously far-fetched for me to minor in dance at a university?
By DancerHolic44
On Sun Jun 19, 2005 08:16 AM
i only started dancing like months ago..and i'm starting ballet next month(july)..and i'm 18...so it is not late to start dancing..it is never too late to start dancing if u have the interest and passion..itsa not easy for me cuz i would've to stretch more to get my flexibility and work harder to reach my goal..it is never too late but it takes alot of hard work..so keep on dancing!
By hkLolamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 19, 2005 07:56 PM
I'm 17 and recently started again. I know I'll go pro. I have no doubts, even if it's for a smaller professional company.

I think a lot of people on this site get late starters down though, it's sad. People always have the chance to go pro so long as it's like before the age of 20.
is it too late?
By txdanceteacher
On Wed Jun 22, 2005 09:36 PM
Hi! Sweetie, it is never too late, my grandfather, god rest him, danced and clogged well into his 90's! I plan on wearing tap shoes to heaven. Go for it... dance dance dance!
dance
By adictedtobase
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 06:39 AM
firstly sorry about my nick name could think of any thing else. I have danced for a about 8 years and stopped for three years. My passion has not died but is stronger thatn before. I am desperately looking for an awesome dance school that can push me to the limit and get me fit since I have gaine some weight. please recommend me to somewhere. I was studying with dance styles in Meloburne but now that I have moved to sydney I have no idea where to start. Please help
ian
By Disco_Gill
On Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:34 AM
I don't know how people can think it is too late to start dancing honestly i think its never too late !! I started dancing when i was two and i recently just passed my Tap and Modern exam so i am a qualified teacher in those aspects. I am going to be sitting my Disco, Cheerleading and Majorette after the summer so i don thtink it is too late .

Love Gillian xx
By Chevy14
On Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:46 PM
Hmm ok ive been dancing since i was 9..but i really didnt get into it until 13-14. The stuff b4 that just tought me abotu the music and such and then it got serious...well nows my question

I wannaknow if its too late for my dreams of a pointe dancer. Ok im not the best at ballet btu i do try really hard and Ill be doign it for my 3ed year this year...but only my first in competive. Yes im only STARTIGN to branch into competive dancing. Well id love to be apointe dancer..umm..sometime b4 i die maybe lol and i was wonderin can i still learn classes at a pointe level after i granduate..im going inot gr 10 so i have liek 3 yrs of danceing then collage, prolly in vancouver. Hmm if anyone knows it would be a whole helpful thing!...ill be watchingt hsi post.

Chevy
By debz1887
On Mon Aug 22, 2005 03:49 AM
Hi, I'm a new member, and I joined because I'm looking to start dancing again soon. I'm soo sorry to ask as I know you are all fed up hearing the same question but I'm 18, too late? I didnt start dancing until I was about 9, old in comparison to some of my friends! Also I'm having trouble finding a Ballet tutor, do you have any advice?
By ddcdancer
On Sat Aug 27, 2005 08:37 PM
It's never too late!!
By Tezza2
On Sat Sep 10, 2005 05:24 PM
I Dont think it is ever too late. I finished dancing last year n i miss it sooo much now that i'm lookin for a new class to start up again

Tezza
By maureensiobhan
On Tue Sep 13, 2005 09:38 AM
it's never too late, but you must absolutely be realisitic in your goals. If you want to go pro, you must start when you are young, about age 8. If you start when you get into your teens or older, then, yes, you really have to accept that it is too late to go pro. However, it's not too late if you want to dance recreationally.

By the way, people, please refrain from using netspeak. Wud, 2, r, u, plz, every1, coz, ul, b, and b4 are not words.
By Mary17
On Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:55 PM
I agree it is never too late to start dancing on a social level. Here's my question-what is too old to decide to teach or dance professionally? I'm 34 and have been taking ballroom dance lessons for almost a year now. I applied with one of the dance studios when I was 19 and didn't go to the interview because I was too scared to move out of my comfort zone.

Now I'm finally ready to take a chance, but wonder if my body can withstand the demands of a dance instructor at 34. Any thoughts?
is it too late
By dancer49Premium member
On Sun Oct 09, 2005 08:36 AM
never, my adult programs are really busy this year, I think there are more adults out there who want to dance than ever, maybe a childhood dream whatever a great way to make friend have fun and get some excercise. go to it.
By charliebrown
On Mon Oct 10, 2005 09:33 PM
For once I would like to be the student instead of the teacher but there are no classes around for adults in my area unless you want to do beginners jazz or tap!
Please comment
By Natasha5
On Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:56 AM
Hi,
I know that age should be no barrier when wondering whether to start or continue dance, but is it a problem when you want to dance professionally? I started when I was four and joined the Australian Ballet School at 14 years old. After about half a year I left and had two years off because of chronic fatigue. Finally I started back, but it was with a little 'casual' school and at the moment I'm still there, but I desperately want to be back in the Australian Ballet School. I'm 17 years old now and feel I am quite behind - dance is my life, so please can anyone tell me honestly if it is worth all the sweat and pain - is it too late???
Too Late for SI???
By bailaralocubano
On Sun Dec 11, 2005 07:21 PM
I'm 20 years old and I'm a dance major, but I've never attended a summer intensive before. Should I attend one this upcoming summer? am I too old, is it too late?
By irishangle
On Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:32 AM
I fell kinda stupid now for asking this but I do stretch at home and i am naturally flexi but i dont know what to do or where to go from here. How and where do i find out about classes. I afraid to start a class in case all the others think im stupid for only taking it up now. Im 21 by the way. (sorry, i know your all sick of hearing the same thing but i didnt see the answers to my questions here!)
Page:
Page 4 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch