Poll: General / Jazz / Jazz Photos - Misc

Page:
Page 1 of 41 2 3 4
what kind of jazz shoes do you ware? reply please and tell me why you like them!
By jazzy2cute Comments: 214, member since Thu Aug 07, 2003
On Mon Jan 12, 2004 05:09 PM

i'm gonna get new jazz shoes and i want to know which you think are the best.

-always-
mya

83 Replies to what kind of jazz shoes do you ware? reply please and tell me why you like them!

re: what kind of jazz shoes do you ware? reply please and tell me why you like them!
By Danamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7517, member since Wed Nov 28, 2001
On Tue Jan 13, 2004 05:39 PM
I wear black slip-ons - laceups are SUCH a hassle, and if you ask me, they look really ugly. But some people like them (I have two friends who absolutely refuse to wear slip-ons!). The color really depends on what your studio likes. If they don't have a requirement, I'd get black, because from what I can tell, black is more commonly used. :)
re: what kind of jazz shoes do you ware? reply please and tell me why you like them!
By PinkPearlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2044, member since Sun Aug 17, 2003
On Wed Jan 14, 2004 08:06 AM
I wear tan and black slip ons and black lace-ups and jazz sneakers.
By Dancin_Fairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 281, member since Mon Sep 01, 2003
On Wed Jan 14, 2004 03:50 PM
I wear tan and black slip ons. Lace ups if I'm just dancing around the house so I don't mess up my other ones.

xxx~*ameree*~xxx
By dance_queen001member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 910, member since Sun Jan 11, 2004
On Wed Jan 14, 2004 03:59 PM
I wear black slip on's. I find them so much more comfortable. Like when your on the floor you don't get the laces gabbing into your foot, and you don't need to tie them!!!
By bedaZzlemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1733, member since Sun Nov 12, 2000
On Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:56 AM
I wear both black & tan slipons. They are so much more comfortable than the lace-ups to me, for reasons people have already said. I also have black jazz sneakers I wear occasionaly, but I wouldn't recommend them. :)
~Stacey
By DancinVegemite Comments: 55, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Thu Jan 15, 2004 04:58 PM
depends really what you doing! if your doing heaps of floor work dont choose jazz sneakers. go for the slip on or lace up. the slipons are more commonly used now days. laceups might come undone. if your doing hardly any floor work and alot of up standing funk sorta dance use the sneakers.
i wear my black slipons because most of my dances have HEAPS of floorwork. i spend about 60% of my dance on the floor or upside down!! hehe well thats what it feels like. :D
James
By AcRoKiD22 Comments: 843, member since Tue Nov 11, 2003
On Thu Jan 15, 2004 07:10 PM
I wear black lace-ups by capezio, to practice, but I have a pair of tan slip ons that I wear for performances and rehersals.
By jazzy2cute Comments: 214, member since Thu Aug 07, 2003
On Thu Jan 15, 2004 07:49 PM
I were black lace up's myself, at least at the moment.
By Amy90member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 255, member since Sun Apr 20, 2003
On Fri Jan 16, 2004 04:36 AM
I wear black lace up's
By rocketcitydancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1315, member since Tue Aug 13, 2002
On Fri Jan 16, 2004 09:56 PM
Black slip ons! Mine have lasted for 3 years now...I love em!
By Bec90 Comments: 71, member since Wed Jan 14, 2004
On Sat Jan 17, 2004 01:48 AM
cause im used to them and they feel comfy on my feet
By Starlet2B Comments: 118, member since Sat Jan 03, 2004
On Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:08 PM
I use sandals because I think regular jazz shoes are too slippery and they make feet look kinda weird sometimes. Also, onstage, tan sandals continue the line of your leg, instead of cutting it off when it gets to the feet. In class sometimes, I use these things that are made for wearing under shoes for old ladies. lol They cover the ball of your foot and they're like a tubey sock thing
By dancing_chick3 Comments: 20, member since Fri Jan 23, 2004
On Fri Jan 23, 2004 06:20 PM
I wear black slipons they are way better then the lace ups. With the lace ups you always have to rush to get them on. I just dont like them

Comment #1522017 deleted
Removed by pharmadancer (87219) on 2007-07-16 11:03:24 netspeak - "n"/"coz" are not words

By STARdancer4Lk Comments: 218, member since Sun Aug 24, 2003
On Fri Jan 23, 2004 08:36 PM
i wear either a black or a tan slip on jazz shoe by bloch.... we also use capezio's pedinis!
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12135, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Fri Jan 23, 2004 08:42 PM
I normally wear my jazz sneakers, but I do have a pair of black lace-up jazz shoes. Also, a greater part of my jazz training is mainly commercial- so even for things like slides, the jazz sneakers are fine- they also look better for the kind of work I do. Have I mentioned that you can also wear them for hiphop/funk, and that glory upon glories, you can WEAR THEM OUTSIDE!!! Hurrah!!!

But for a lot of jazz technique I'll actually just wear half-socks (can't be bothered changing shoes half the time, I'm so lazy!) then change into the jazz sneakers when it's time for axels/barrels etc.
By lalex Comments: 54, member since Fri Jun 27, 2003
On Mon Jan 26, 2004 02:06 AM
black lace ups, there are these bloch ones that u can get
with this stuff in the arch of them which makes your arch
look bigger
By dancerbaby246member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 518, member since Mon May 05, 2003
On Tue Jan 27, 2004 03:38 PM
we use pedinis mainly... they give u some lift & theyre open... if u get em 2 big, its hard 2 leap, but turns r great in them!

i prefer 2 dance barefoot no matter what tho...

jazz slip ons r great... try blochs or theatricals (cheap & durable)

get what most ppl @ yur studio have!
By groovy_loz5 Comments: 1657, member since Thu Jan 29, 2004
On Fri Jan 30, 2004 02:59 AM
I have black/red jazz boots (or some people call them sneakers) I love them. They are soon easy to dance in and are very comfy!
By dancing_chick3 Comments: 20, member since Fri Jan 23, 2004
On Sat Jan 31, 2004 08:55 PM
Black slip ons r the best
By Sparklypnkdnr374 Comments: 107, member since Fri Nov 07, 2003
On Sat Jan 31, 2004 09:41 PM
i wear the tan slip on ones well cuz i dont have any black ones right now! haha!
By HiPhOp_fUnK_cHiK Comments: 7, member since Sun Feb 01, 2004
On Mon Feb 02, 2004 05:02 AM
i wear the jazz runner from bloch in the colour black... i use to wear the jazz boots but for what i do i find the sneakers gr8 to dance in. Take care:)
By dancingqueen20 Comments: 146, member since Mon Feb 23, 2004
On Mon Mar 08, 2004 02:38 PM
I wear the black, split sole sneakers! I really like them. They provide awesome support and yet they're really flexible. the only thing that you really have to get use to with them is that they can be really slippery! So be careful!
By missjennifer Comments: 504, member since Mon Mar 15, 2004
On Mon Mar 15, 2004 06:02 PM
Mostly I wear my Bloch jazz/hip hop boots, but that's when I am teaching because its easier to do hip hop in tthem (easier on the toes) but when I am dancing I prefer to wear black pendinis (the sandal type) I love the look of the tan ones on stage with a nice bright costume because the tan melds into the color of the nude tights, its a much cleaner look i think.
Page:
Page 1 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch