Forum: Advice / Stretching Photos - Members

Page:
Page 3 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Please think before putting down your stretching abilities.
By dance_queen001member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 910, member since Sun Jan 11, 2004
On Thu Jul 01, 2004 07:00 PM
I agree!!! but i alway that most of those ppl just want to make them selves look good and if they could accually do better they would have taken another picture!!! seriously a do agree with your point it's absolutly true!
*~a dancer~*
By Crazyme034member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 52, member since Fri Jul 02, 2004
On Fri Jul 02, 2004 08:08 PM
thanks you so much for putting that post up. To many people do that and it kinda makes me mad...like 4 example this one gurl is in a over split and says this is my 1st time blah blah blah when it is obviously not their 1st time
By qin_in Comments: 23, member since Sat May 01, 2004
On Sun Jul 04, 2004 08:44 PM
Thanks for that... Actually I've quitted dancing because I feel so incompetent in my dance class. Some are professionals. But I now feel like going back again...
By darling_dancer90 Comments: 4070, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Sat Jul 10, 2004 03:56 PM
Very good point! Thanks alot for sharing! I've done this before and I'm sure other people have too! It's a great reminder for everyone!

-Michelle
By rcpinkjazz Comments: 23, member since Sun Jul 11, 2004
On Mon Jul 12, 2004 05:55 PM
Awesome post, sometimes people need to be reminded that they are awesome whether they are a beginning dancer, or dancing "swan lake" in ABT. I think everyone on this site needed that.
:+:felicia:+:
By insaroomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 209, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Sat Jul 31, 2004 08:35 AM
good point!!! i totally agree! karma is coming your way! :D
By dancingpeacock99member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 660, member since Wed Oct 29, 2003
On Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:12 PM
Great post. I would like to add something to it.

It seems like here on dance.net, like you have said, you see a whole lot of putting down. And, like you said, it makes other people (like me) feel worse about themselves. But I also think that since more and more people are putting themselves down, if someone posts a photo and personally beleives that that photo looked as good or better than they normally do, it will encourage them to diss themselves anyway, because it will seem like bragging if they don't. So then it ends up like a snowball, and more and more people will start dissing themselves because more and more people are already dissing themselves and so on.

(I hope someone reads this post.) hehe
By Luvz2twirl Comments: 141, member since Wed Jul 14, 2004
On Sat Aug 07, 2004 08:06 PM
I love your post! Iam going through a tough time right now and it is very comforting to know at least someone is thinking of others feelings! Thanks!
By finnish_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 585, member since Sun Aug 29, 2004
On Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:05 PM
Yay> finally someone speaks up!

Thank you for posting that, it is a very true statement. You really do hurt yourself and others, even if you are trying to be modest. This is the internet> no need to be modest! If you feel as though you need to say something more negative about yourself, at least word it differently, like 'i have been working on this for such and such amount of time...' and look at the bright side! Always look on the bright side of life (whistle oo oo, ooo ooo, oo oo oo oo oo oooo> goo monty python fans!)

Anywho, thanks for posting!

Finngirl dancer
By Dancedream89 Comments: 26, member since Sun Sep 19, 2004
On Sat Sep 25, 2004 09:27 AM
GREAT POST! i totaly agree with you
By Milly_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4755, member since Fri Dec 12, 2003
On Sat Oct 09, 2004 01:42 PM
hey

Good post!!! Dont see many of these around. Good point
bout putting ya self down!!! I do it alot!!! Ill try not to
in future now!!!

Love Emily

xxx :D :] xxx
By scrambled_legsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 101, member since Thu Aug 26, 2004
On Sat Oct 23, 2004 04:52 PM
Hear Hear! I couldn't agree more. What bothers me about people who say 'I'm bad at this' 'I don't ever look good', is that they're only seeking attention. They KNOW they look good, they KNOW they're so much better than you, and they only want to seek selfish reassurence from a person whom, in their particular discipline, they look down upon.
Take it from a girl who knows - all my thin, pretty, dancing friends have been doing it with me for years!
Claire xx
By FairytaleGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2348, member since Sun Aug 03, 2003
On Tue Nov 02, 2004 03:32 AM
Very good point, every one else has said what im thinking!!
karma!
By AeroTuffToe Comments: 61, member since Fri Sep 24, 2004
On Sun Nov 07, 2004 02:05 PM
yeah that's a good point... i don't like people to complain that they have no oversplit etc. when i just got my splits... i think its ok to ask for advice rather than fishing for compliments
By calisthenical Comments: 76, member since Sat Nov 06, 2004
On Mon Nov 08, 2004 07:50 AM
that is such a good point, ive seen a post by someone asking how they can improve their legmount, and have a picture, i remember when that high was all iw anted to be able to do
By dancer_babe2K4 Comments: 1084, member since Sat Mar 27, 2004
On Wed Nov 10, 2004 06:49 AM
lovely post !!

karma for you !!

love katie
xxx
By superflexwannabe Comments: 269, member since Wed Dec 01, 2004
On Sun Dec 12, 2004 06:45 PM
You're so right! Thanks for writing this.
Incentive
By hamfistPremium member Comments: 5594, member since Fri Dec 24, 2004
On Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:09 PM
Very well written. Never put yourself down. Do have a stretch schedule and set aims that are able to be achieved. If it is contortion a small stretch done gently and often will get you there. Ian (mercedes_nz@yahoo.com)
By xXxdance_babexXx Comments: 44, member since Mon Oct 04, 2004
On Mon Jan 03, 2005 01:43 PM
Hiya
Thats a good point! I think quite a few people were thinking that. But I think some people have been doing this without realising, or not wanting to look like a show of or something. But now this has been drawn to attention maybe it will stop.
Love anna xxx
By bella_baile Comments: 183, member since Tue Jan 04, 2005
On Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:12 AM
thanks for this really great post... it's really incouraging to people like me, who just started dancing... my flexability isn't even nearly close to what other people can do, so i know how it is to look at pictures and think "wow, i'd be happy with half of that - i must really suck"... so i really applaud you for encouraging people just to try in the first place... thanks again...
By dancegirl90member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1077, member since Thu Dec 09, 2004
On Sat Jan 15, 2005 01:43 PM
That's an amazing post, I can understand why it's a sticky.
By puppies_flyPremium member Comments: 2818, member since Sun Jan 16, 2005
On Sun Jan 16, 2005 03:15 PM
so true! your post should be required reading! The part about how trying for anything is great, regardless of flexibility, is especially inspiring to discouraged dancers. Great post!
By Zynthia Comments: 3335, member since Mon Jan 03, 2005
On Mon Jan 24, 2005 04:42 PM
I know im not the first person to say this but that was truly very inspiring. You must be one great dancer by putting this into practice.....WOW that is was so good. I think it truly helped all of us reflect on ourselves. I dont know if you do or dont have the best flexibility but all those things you believe are way more important that this. CONGRATS!
By ForevaDancing Comments: 69, member since Sun Feb 20, 2005
On Sun Feb 20, 2005 02:27 PM
That is a great post!! You are absolutely right there, I couldn't agree with you more! I think that we should all stop looking at the 'hole in the doughnut' we should stop looking at the bad. We should actually spend all the energy we use on dissing ourselves on working to improve instead. Thanks DSL, you've inspired me to stop looking at the bad and never give up hope but to keep practicing. :)
agree
By willempie01 Comments: 20, member since Tue Feb 15, 2005
On Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:03 AM
I totally agree, as a starter with stretching one should only look at improvement. But it is important to have a goal. Just have in mind that the way to reach the goal is stretching, don't make stretching a goal of itself!

Willempie01
Page:
Page 3 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch