Forum: Advice / Stretching Photos - Members

Page:
Page 5 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Please think before putting down your stretching abilities.
By Love2Dance4You Comments: 26, member since Sat Jul 31, 2004
On Tue Oct 18, 2005 05:39 PM
You know what, i do agree with your post in some ways but dancing is alot different than "the kid at school who always thought he was going to fail and then got a 95%".
If people can't speak freely about their opinions on how they view themselves as a dancer, what is the point of this site?
Does it make you (not directly at you personally) feel better for someone to tell you that your an "awesome" dancer, when deep down, you know your not?
Anyone that uses this website should be able to speak truthfully about their dancing and others dancing. As we all know....The world of dance is not about being "a nice person". It's about being good!!
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Wed Oct 19, 2005 07:44 PM
If people can't speak freely about their opinions on how they view themselves as a dancer, what is the point of this site?

No one said you can't speak freely about your opnions on how you view yourself. Just that it's considerate to not say you suck or that what you are doing sucks. It is considerate to maybe say "I can do better if I am fully stretched out" or "this isn't up to my potential" but saying you suck and then having someone compare themselves to that is not cool.

Does it make you (not directly at you personally) feel better for someone to tell you that your an "awesome" dancer, when deep down, you know your not?

Personally, having the confidence of people saying I am awesome or doing great, even if I am not, will make me feel more positive and want to dance my heart out. Now, I am saying this from a viewpoint of a non-dancer, but this is the stretching forum, not just for dancers.

As we all know....The world of dance is not about being "a nice person". It's about being good!!

It's only about being good? What about having fun and having a passion in what you are doing no matter how much you need to improve. And when you do need to improve, you work on it.
On Thu Oct 20, 2005 05:42 PM
I do understand what you are saying, but I believe that someone who is confident in themselves does not care what others think.
Personally i think you have room to even post this type of message being that you never post a dance photo or for that matter a stretching photo. Putting your tongue up against a mirror is hardly considered exercise.
So my message for the rest of DDN is...Be strong and be confident in who are. There is always someone better, more beautiful or more intelligent out there. But being happy with who YOU are, is what really matters!
By bigwinner Comments: 1004, member since Wed May 25, 2005
On Thu Oct 20, 2005 08:34 PM
yes good post putting yoursrelf down never got anyone anywhere
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Thu Oct 20, 2005 08:56 PM
Personally i think you have room to even post this type of message being that you never post a dance photo or for that matter a stretching photo.

Uh...yes, I have.

dance.net . . .

Don't assume you know stuff that you actually know nothing about. I was a cheerleader for awhile, just because I am not a dancer does not mean I don't stretch and work at flexibility. I enjoy being flexible and I am told that for a non-dancer, I am pretty stretchy.

I'd also appreciate it if you didn't talk to me like I am stupid. The whole "tongue to a mirror" line really wasn't needed, was it? You obviously didn't look past my first page of pictures. Sorry, I've been here for 3 years now. I have posted more than a page of pictures.

But being happy with who YOU are, is what really matters!

That's EXACTLY my point. And the whole message of this post was that putting yourself down isn't going to make you feel any better about yourself and will make others feel bad about themselves.
On Fri Oct 21, 2005 04:19 PM
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2005-10-23 15:48:28 I'm not certain why you have taken it upon yourself to attack members, but knock it off.
Wow i can't believe i missed that big ole "1" stretching post.

Your right, i should have looked through all 7 pages of photos before posting a comment saying that you "never" post any dance or stetching photos.

It must make you feel really great to come post pictures on a site where people "have to" write nice things.

My advice to you personally is that maybe since this website is called "DANCE.net" (notice i did capitalize the word dance)you could actually post a photo of yourself that isn't complete and utter nonsense.

I do not mean to talk to you as though you are stupid but in all honesty....TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT YOUR PICTURES.
re: Please think before putting down your stretching abilities. (karma: 1)
On Fri Oct 21, 2005 09:41 PM
Edited by PieceofToast (36942) on 2005-10-21 21:42:34
Sweet Jesus! Forgive me for being in a bad mood already, but is it your goal to be mean to people you don't even know? Does it make you feel better about yourself? Seriously now, you don't have to act like a jerk on the internet.

Wow i can't believe i missed that big ole "1" stretching post.

So what about those that do say they are dancers? Because they don't have pictures on here they don't dance? Do you even dance? Sorry for not being a dancer, that doesn't mean I don't know about dance and that doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about. So for gods sake, get off my back about not dancing and not posting pictures. Oh god! That PoT girl doesn't post pictures of her stretching, she must not do it! Get over yourself.

It must make you feel really great to come post pictures on a site where people "have to" write nice things.

That is just you saying that. I never said you have to write anything. I just said that putting yourself down isn't good for you or other people. If you have a problem with it, fine. But 77 others don't. If you think it's that bad of a post, MOD IT AND GET OVER IT.

My advice to you personally is that maybe since this website is called "DANCE.net" (notice i did capitalize the word dance)you could actually post a photo of yourself that isn't complete and utter nonsense.

If you would venture around this site, you would see that there is a cheerleading section. I was a cheerleader when I joined this website. I am not quitting here because I quit cheering. Again, if you have a problem with me...mod me or get over it.

I do not mean to talk to you as though you are stupid but in all honesty....TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT YOUR PICTURES.

Oh wait. Forgive me for having fun in my pictures and acting like an idiot. We all know that having fun and acting like a fool automatically means you are a fool! Sorry, but I am not stupid. Oh and God, I am such a horrible person. And my techinique. Talk about HORRID! I shouldn't even be allowed on this website, should I?

Really now, get over yourself. I am a respected member here. I am not going to go away just because I am not a dancer and I don't cheer anymore. If you have a problem with me, I'm sorry. That is your own fault that you came here with a closed mind and got rude about nothing. That is not my problem and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't come here with the sole purpose to attack me. It makes you look very immature...especially since this is the internet.
On Sat Oct 22, 2005 09:30 AM
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2005-10-23 16:56:13 We do not allow members to attack people. I think it is you who should "get a life" if you think putting down people makes you look or feel important. By the way your average age of the DDN members is way off.
Oh no sweetheart, i'm sorry if you take what i'm saying to be rude but i just thought you really needed to hear the truth.
I'm free to my opinion and my opinion is that your pictures are the most idiotic photos i've ever came across.
Honestly I'm done with this back and forth nonsense. I came here to post my opinion and you couldn't handle it.
Your advice about "looking inmature" because "this is the internet" is EXACTLY correct. Maybe you should take your own advice and take a hard look at your pictures and maybe...just maybe you'll realize why someone more mature on this website would look at them and say "Wow these are most unfunny, non appealing photos on this site."
Ha but then again you are a well respected person on dance.net, which is based on a group of mostly...hmm let's say 12-16 year olds. GROW UP AND GET A LIFE...then maybe you could post a photo of yourself actually doing something productive with your time.

But until then...keep posting those fantastic pictures of yourself with the camera so close to your face that we can see all those adorable freckles even closer. YOU JUST LOOK SO HOT!
On Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:13 AM
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2005-10-23 17:01:09 Truce?
I'm free to my opinion and my opinion is that your pictures are the most idiotic photos i've ever came across.

I'm glad you think that, really, I am. But why do you feel the need to say it? There is no reason to have to say that.

Your advice about "looking inmature" because "this is the internet" is EXACTLY correct. Maybe you should take your own advice and take a hard look at your pictures and maybe...just maybe you'll realize why someone more mature on this website would look at them and say "Wow these are most unfunny, non appealing photos on this site."

I am never inmature, but I do tend to be immature. Why? Because I am a 17 year old. I am not supposed to act mature all of the time. I am supposed to have fun. I do look at my pictures. I have fun taking pictures and acting crazy. Is there a crime in that? Obviously we have different tastes in fun, so why do you have to be so rude about it? You're not being any more mature than I am by saying everything you have already said. You are not being any more mature than I am being by starting all of this crap. I really don't care what a "mature" person would think about my pictures. That doesn't matter to me.

Ha but then again you are a well respected person on dance.net, which is based on a group of mostly...hmm let's say 12-16 year olds. GROW UP AND GET A LIFE...then maybe you could post a photo of yourself actually doing something productive with your time.

Yes, I am a well respected person here. I offer great advice and am generally a nice person. A lot of people here are respected...and oh wow, I have fun talking to 12-16 year olds. God forbid I do that. Why do I have to prove that I do something productive with my time if you don't? In fact, tonight is a perfect example. I just spent 25 hours doing something extremely tiring. I got to the school at 11:30am, practiced until 1:45pm, left at 2:15pm and had a two hour bus ride into the next state and got there at 3:15pm. Yes, there was a time change. We then got our stuff, warmed up and practiced. Got on the field, did my show, got off and watched the rest of the bands. Then, I stood on the field...in pain from uncomfortable marching shoes and a bad knee for atleast 40 minutes for awards. Finally, I got on the bus and got back around 1:30am and did not get home until 2am. Sorry, but yes. I do more productive things than most people. I work my butt off at practice everyday, monday-saturday (saturday once october starts.) I'm sorry if you think that you can grasp me not doing anything productive with my time just by looking at my pictures. Seriously, stop thinking you know me.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sun Oct 23, 2005 05:05 PM
Dance.net was NOT created just for dancers. It was created for people who love the arts and dancing! We have many forums that interest a variety of people.

Not everyone wants to post pictures of themselves (I am one of them), but I have a right to be active on any forum including voicing my opinion in forums in which other people post pictures.

What I find amazing is that the world of dance is already so harsh and critical...must we be like that to one another? Especially those of us who call ourselves TEACHERS??? I know this is the internet, but there are REAL people sitting behind the screens here with real feelings.

Let us all think before we type. If you don't like the general caring nature of dance.net and how it is run then perhaps this site is not for you. We wish to promote positivity here. Even when discussing issues in the debate and philosophy forums, a certain amount of respect is expected by ALL.
By TapStar2 Comments: 920, member since Thu May 26, 2005
On Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:33 AM
great post am glad someone has said it i agree
xxx
By flipcat Comments: 20, member since Thu Dec 01, 2005
On Sun Dec 04, 2005 07:44 AM
While I agree that one of the biggest things that makes humans civilized is the ability to express opposing views and to respect others rights to those opinions, I am delighted to see DLS's post. I certainly have felt this way about some of the posts.

I agree this is a forum on stretching not on being a nice person. This person wrote that this site is about being the best dancer. I disagree. I think it is a place where people come to learn and share knowlege, passion, and motivation. Attitude accounts for a lot. I would bet my $100 on a dancer like DLS who works hard with a great attitude and wisdom for her age, rather than say someone with tremendous natural flexibility and a really negative attitude.
By dancelvr1127member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 186, member since Sun Oct 24, 2004
On Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:57 AM
great post! i totally agree!!!!!

KARMA FOR YOU!
By sebends Comments: 17, member since Wed Nov 30, 2005
On Wed Dec 21, 2005 04:56 PM
A very wonderful piece. Thoughtful, honest and quite right.
By Syme Comments: 20, member since Tue Jan 03, 2006
On Wed Jan 04, 2006 02:34 PM
That's awesome, thanks. (the original post)
By DancerLindzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 227, member since Sat Jan 28, 2006
On Thu Feb 09, 2006 03:37 PM
I agree! Good Point!!!!
WORD!
By Epirus Comments: 63, member since Sun Mar 26, 2006
On Tue Mar 28, 2006 09:42 AM
WORD!

I already feel better with my flexibility.

/Epirus
By lil_bunhead Comments: 288, member since Mon Mar 20, 2006
On Sat Apr 08, 2006 03:45 PM
Great Post! Thank you for pointing this out.
By Ally_Cat_Scratch Comments: 7, member since Wed Apr 05, 2006
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:39 PM
thank you for posting this! it makes me happy when I hear that other people get fed up with that sort of stuff. it doesn't make me feel so put down when I see someone so much stretchier than me complaining they aren't at their full potential.
By red_velvet_rosemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 752, member since Tue May 09, 2006
On Sat May 13, 2006 11:29 AM
Very good post, I must admit I hadnt thought of it like that. Thanks ;)
By red_velvet_rosemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 752, member since Tue May 09, 2006
On Sun May 14, 2006 04:27 AM
Edited by red_velvet_rose (158375) on 2006-05-14 04:29:06
Karma coming your way! ;)
By dancinqueen2b Comments: 209, member since Thu May 18, 2006
On Fri May 19, 2006 01:50 PM
I agree because I see alot of very flexible people with posts that say things like, " I know it looks bad but.." and "I need work"!!! This make me feel like, I must be REALLY unflexible if that's how a lot of people think. I think people should think before putting down their streching abilities because it does down people :)
By JENZ1Premium member Comments: 73, member since Fri Dec 16, 2005
On Fri May 26, 2006 02:59 PM
Great post- I totally agree- positive thinking at all times!
Jen x
By dancehottie101 Comments: 3, member since Mon Feb 27, 2006
On Thu Jul 06, 2006 06:06 PM
Thanks DLS! This post really helped me. I am not exactly the most flexable person in the world and I am constantly saying like that I can't do this, I can't do that, and I'll never be able to do anything that requires flexablity. Now that I've read this I am going to start saying more things like soon I'll me able to do that, I can almost do that, and with practice, I'll be able to do that.
By xXdancing_babeXx Comments: 78, member since Sun Jul 16, 2006
On Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:58 PM
I agree and hope your post made people think about how it can make other people feel.
Page:
Page 5 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch