Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz Photos - Misc

Page:
Page 1 of 31 2 3

Jazz Photos - Misc
Please read this if you post pictures in the jazz forums! (karma: 3)
By ballerinaisis Comments: 2122, member since Wed Nov 13, 2002
On Sat Jan 17, 2004 07:33 AM
Edited by ballerinaisis (48963) on 2004-01-17 07:37:32 Needed to update the link
Edited by ballerinaisis (48963) on 2004-01-17 07:39:13 Had to add the p.s.
Made sticky by alleycat (25274) on 2004-03-16 08:19:32 Old member request.

**This is a repost, but I posted in the jazz forum before and there wasn't much response, so I wanted to post it here where more people might see it**

Hi, everyone. Recently there's been something about people posting pictures that bothers me. I don't know if everyone else noticed this, but there are now two jazz photos forums: Jazz Photos--Members and Jazz Photos--Misc.

Jazz Photos--Members is to be used for dancers posting a picture of themselves, and you must post a salute (or body salute) in order to post a picture of this type.

Jazz Photos--Misc is for any other non-member picture. This includes pictures from competition websites (as long as you are not the person in the photo), pictures of your friends (if they are not members of Dance.net), and other general pictures you find on the Internet. This does not require a salute, but you should list the source where you found the picture.

These separate forums were created for several reasons including giving photos more time to be shown on the first page and preventing people from asking "Is that you in the picture?" If it's in the members forum, that is the poster in the picture, if it's in Misc forum, that is not the poster in the picture. Simple, huh?

More info on these forums can be found here:
www.dance.net . . .

It just bothers me that Linh went to the trouble to create these forums and no one is using the correct ones--I mean we have like 5 pictures in the members forum, and there are more members posting than that.

Hopefully this cleared up any misconceptions! Looking forward to seeing your photos! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them.

P.S. That's not me in the pic. If it were, I'd be posting in the Jazz Photos--Members forum. Sorry, but I can't remember the source right now.

61 Replies to Please read this if you post pictures in the jazz forums!

re: Please read this if you post pictures in the jazz forums!
By gr8t Comments: 557, member since Fri Oct 17, 2003
On Sat Jan 17, 2004 08:37 AM
Sorry I didnt see any explanations on either board what was supposed to be posted where. How do you post a salute if you dont own a digital camera? The pictures I have put up are from our dance studio web site and pictures other people have sent to me.
By SeniorLadyPremium member Comments: 8103, member since Sun Aug 24, 2003
On Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:48 AM
Gr8t, you can take a photo of yourself on a regular camera, and then scan it. =)
By gr8t Comments: 557, member since Fri Oct 17, 2003
On Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:37 PM
Can you give me directions on how to scan it?
By pbhoney666 Comments: 20, member since Tue Jan 13, 2004
On Tue Jan 20, 2004 04:22 PM
great pic wow that is hot you would have to strech like every day for like 3 hours
By belibutonmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2565, member since Mon Dec 01, 2003
On Wed Jan 21, 2004 04:59 PM
O MY GOD !!! HOW DO YOU DO THAT ??????

XX BELLA XXX
By contortionist13 Comments: 771, member since Sun Dec 07, 2003
On Sun Feb 01, 2004 05:55 PM
NOW that's what I call a layout OH MY GOD
By DanceDesigns99 Comments: 298, member since Sun Feb 08, 2004
On Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:47 AM
i understand what your saying now...i didn't really get it before. thanks for posting that info! ill keep it in mind next time i post!
By HiP_HoPpEr21 Comments: 58, member since Sun Jan 11, 2004
On Tue Mar 16, 2004 08:40 PM
wow!!!!! omgoodness how do you do that?????is that really you?? im soo amazed!!:)
hh
By calidancer017 Comments: 343, member since Thu Jan 01, 2004
On Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:16 PM
PEOPLE.. did you not read what she said???

" P.S. That's not me in the pic. If it were, I'd be posting in the Jazz Photos--Members forum. Sorry, but I can't remember the source right now."

Stop asking her- she already told you it's NOT HER!!! GEEZ!!!!!
WOW!
By desire_dance Comments: 6, member since Tue Sep 16, 2003
On Sat Mar 20, 2004 08:53 PM
I love the pic its soo kool my goal is to be able to do that by next year i have a really flexible back i just have to learn to control it and use it properly instead of just throwing my back out!
By webstArmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3639, member since Wed Jan 15, 2003
On Thu Mar 25, 2004 09:59 PM
No, that isn't her. It's a picture of Jennifer Russell. (www.jenniferrussell.com) Just to add the source.

I don't have much else to say - i understood the difference between the members board and misc. board. I mean, just look at the names - its really not that hard to figure out.
By DanceChick91812member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 657, member since Fri Feb 28, 2003
On Fri Mar 26, 2004 08:54 PM
ok this is starting to bug me...READ THE TITLE...READ THE MESSAGE...its not that hard, alot of people are just looking at the picture and not reading what she wrote, when its the whole point of the post. ITS NOT HER, and youd know that if you read it! sry its just my reaction
By danceismy_life Comments: 42, member since Sat Dec 13, 2003
On Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:54 AM
wow i love that picture
By LittleBallerina Comments: 110, member since Mon Dec 15, 2003
On Sun Apr 11, 2004 05:18 AM
Is that you?? haha no just joking! Cool pic though!
Read this if You Post. (karma: 1)
By KIANRO Comments: 3745, member since Wed Apr 07, 2004
On Tue Apr 20, 2004 02:20 AM
Firstly, I want to say that the Photograph you posted is ABSOLUTELY Beautiful...and YES, I know its not You :)
(Kia may not listen but she does read :) ).

Secondly, I do see what you are saying. I get sooooo CONFUSED sometimes, that it gives me a headache, when I go to certain areas and there are posts that may or may not belong. I sometimes forget what posting I'v answered (A mind is a terrible thing to waste) :) But I am getting the hang of it and it's getting easier and easier, MOST of the time.

Alot of times though people just forget what room they are in and post by accident (I have almost done it afew times) what should be in another room, but when they realize it they usually edit their post and appologize.

But once you have posted I found that the only way to fix the problem is to do that Block thingy (can't remember the name)where noone can view comments or post them, that happened to me when I posted (in the correct room....Kia not wanting to get yelled at :) ) a picture and it DIDN'T show up. This leaves the title to your post and lines threw it...rather an eye sore when there are MANY of them :)

But maybe YOU know how one goes about getting rid of a POST all together so if I accidently post in the wrong room or do an error I can DELETE it permanently. If someone could help that would be GREAT :) And alas, if the above is the only way thats fine too, I can live with it.

Anyhoo I am done babbling at Your Post and Thanks for Your comments I think they will come in handy to many people :)
hmmmz
By nuxy Comments: 66, member since Tue Apr 13, 2004
On Tue Apr 20, 2004 02:03 PM
mmm... i like this photo...
By DancingDaniellamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1092, member since Fri Dec 26, 2003
On Fri Apr 30, 2004 01:51 PM
Hehe, That is quite funny how people asked if that was you in the pic when you just explained the problem! Well great post I will be sure to ready were to post the stuff next time! Lovely picture by the way. And I think yous need to make a sticky so that people read all the post! I dont know how many times I ahev to answer the smae question over and over because people only read the persons comment who wrote the post! Its quite annying!

Dani
By DiscoMumChelz Comments: 103, member since Mon Apr 19, 2004
On Mon May 03, 2004 07:30 AM
Yeah. i understand wat you are saying. without naming names, a user on dance.net posted a picture of her dancing, and then on a different page, posted a piccy of her dancing too - the thing was though, they were two different people!

xxx chelz xxx
By galinel2000 Comments: 21, member since Wed May 05, 2004
On Thu May 06, 2004 05:23 PM
Wow!
By allthatjazziemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 102, member since Fri May 14, 2004
On Sun May 16, 2004 10:25 PM
Hi, what is a salute and where does one post it?
By balletmami14 Comments: 46, member since Sat Apr 24, 2004
On Thu May 20, 2004 01:55 PM
nice pic
By DaNcEaRaMa Comments: 61, member since Sat May 22, 2004
On Sat May 22, 2004 06:14 AM
that is an amazing picture, i would love to be able to do a layout that good! :D
By jig_this Comments: 65, member since Tue Jun 15, 2004
On Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:52 PM
i wish i could do such a nice layout :(
*skips off to practice :)
who
By Lorac Comments: 31, member since Tue Jun 15, 2004
On Sun Jun 27, 2004 09:16 PM
who is that
Page:
Page 1 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch