Grades and Exams?? Please enlighten me!
By Reecie
On 02/08/2004 19:40:25
hi im fairly new to dance so there is a lot that i still don't know. im reading many posts on this site about exams and grades. can someone just explain to me in detail about the exams and grades, like what's on the exams and how do the grade levels work? im an curious george looking for enlightenment. thanks for your help in advance. [grin]
re: Grades and Exams?? Please enlighten me!
By BalletBrat
On 02/10/2004 11:01:05
Well, all I know is R.A.D. so I will tell you a little about that. There are grades or levels, to pass from one level to the next you must take an examination. The examination covers the entire syllabus for that grade, which includes specific exercises for the barre, center ,and character work .

One does not have to take the examinations and can be moved through the grades within their studio at the discretion of their teacher , but to receive a certifcate of completion from the Academy , one must take and pass the examinations.There are more details about this process, but I think this covers the basics. As far as I know, it is about the same for each of the examined syllabi methods.
By Reecie
On 02/10/2004 13:09:31
thanks balletbrat for sharing w/ me the basics. some info is better than none. thanx a million!!!! [grin]
By BalletBrat
On 02/11/2004 13:54:56
Hey no prob! If you want to know more check out the RAD's website at www.rad.org.uk

© 2022 - dancer.pro -- 06/22/2022 20:39:14