Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
New Zealand - General
Where and what dance school does everyone go to? en>fr fr>en
By Dance_ur_dreams Comments: 1162, member since Mon Jan 07, 2002
On Mon Feb 09, 2004 02:00 AM
Edited by MIClogger (28613) on 2004-12-09 18:51:39 netspeak

hey,

just wondering. i just came here from australia so any advice you can give me about wellington or new zealand in general, would be great. i go to the New Zealand School of Dance, im not sure f you have heard of it before but its really really really good and i'll recommend it to anyone who is serious about dancing.

Thanks

luv cass xox

36 Replies to Where and what dance school does everyone go to?

re: Where nd wat dance school does everyone go to? en>fr fr>en
By jim_nast Comments: 721, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:13 PM
where is that? inw ellington somewhere? i do jazz at the lynda rose dance school in petone..thats in wellington. its not really serious, imean we do exams but its very social
By Dance_ur_dreams Comments: 1162, member since Mon Jan 07, 2002
On Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:35 PM
yep it in wellington near Mt Cook i think it is
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7049, member since Fri Aug 02, 2002
On Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:39 PM
I go to Theatre Dance Academy, which is in the Hibiscus Coast (about 30 minutes north of Auckland)
By hiphop_diva Comments: 468, member since Sun Dec 08, 2002
On Fri Mar 12, 2004 02:31 PM
I go to Auckland Academy of Dance/Keri Edley dance academy, which is in Auckland :)
By Narla Comments: 318, member since Wed Aug 13, 2003
On Wed Mar 24, 2004 01:34 AM
Hey I'm From Wellington Too..
I just applied for a Job at the dance school ( I live by the rugby feild.....

I'm currently looking for private lessons as I find Adult classes go FAR too slow for me...

I used to go to Dedrie Terrent(ballet) and Tracy o'dell and Julie Sammet (Jazz Ballet) but I haven't danced for a year.

What are you doing at the school???? What year???? I come and watch all your shows!!!!

Narla
By dew_grandejetes Comments: 2186, member since Wed Apr 02, 2003
On Thu Apr 22, 2004 07:40 AM
isnt the weather very cold in new zealand how do you guys dance??
By Kiwi3 Comments: 833, member since Sat Oct 06, 2001
On Thu Apr 22, 2004 05:25 PM
Hey there!!
No the weather isn't that cold here in fact it can be really hot!! For someone who said Wellington is near Mt Cook, Mt Cook is in the south Island about a hour away from Christchurch!! :)
cya
Adrienne
On Fri Apr 23, 2004 08:34 PM
isnt it like 4 degrees or something over in new zealand?
By Sparkz_NzPremium member Comments: 2358, member since Mon Jun 10, 2002
On Sat Apr 24, 2004 07:51 PM
dew_grandejete - 4 degrees of what scale?? We have highs of about 17/18 at the moment depending where you are...

Ok.. this thread seems all mixed up...

FIRST: When Dance_ur_dreams said the NZ school of dance is near Mt Cook, she meant the SUBURB, and shes right... The school is in Mt Cook, just up from Newtown...

SECOND: sure its a bit cold now, its autumn.. almost winter, and how does that stop people dancing? Dance school is inside anyways.. and people dance in russia and canada and places where it snows all winter.. that doesn't even make sense.. really.

THIRD: Congrats dance-ur-dreams for coming to wellington, and welcome to the nicest city.. hehe.. we have a cool arts scene etc, and the school of dance is great.. you must be really good to get in!!

LASTLY: Narla.. have you tried the Wellington Performing Arts centre on vivian st? They have open classes .. you can check them out at wpac.org.nz .. I don't go there cos I can't afford it, but apparently they are good :) Maybe next year when I'm finished uni and have $$$!!

Everyone UNconfused now?

ANYWAYS..
enjoy your ANZAC day everyone... zzz getting up at 4:30am wasn't good for me! lol

byebye!

J
Hip Hop classes en>fr fr>en
By Coco04 Comments: 6, member since Sun Apr 11, 2004
On Wed Jun 16, 2004 09:03 PM
Heya
I am new as well and I am looking for awesome Hip Hop classes in Wellington region.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Smile
By glittertoes Comments: 65, member since Fri Nov 14, 2003
On Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:14 PM
hey i went to the new zealand sch of dance for a visit and i think its great! by the way,is anyone here from chilton?
Hip Hop in Wellington en>fr fr>en
By Coco04 Comments: 6, member since Sun Apr 11, 2004
On Wed Jun 30, 2004 05:47 PM
Oh sorry, no. I am at home with my kids...ha ha.
But I found some greeee at Hip Hop classes at the Hutt City Dance center in Lower Hutt.
Good luck to you too.
By dancin_babe34member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2683, member since Sun Dec 08, 2002
On Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:54 PM
Ha, you know, it gets cold pretty much everywhere. And yet, people do ballet pretty much everywhere. In some parts of Australia even it gets colder than it does in some parts of New Zealand, it's not a giant freezer you know. We can still dance. Yeah it gets to like 4 down south, but up the top no where near that, and in Summber it gets really quite hot so yeah, just to clear up that New Zealand is not an iceburg. Hehe.
On Fri Jul 09, 2004 08:46 AM
heya Dnace_ur_dreams! i recently went to NZ and went to watch classes at the New Zealand school of Dance! i think the standard there is really high! which year are u in now? haha i think i wont even be able to get through the auditions if i tried lol... its really a great school! :)
By louie2003 Comments: 495, member since Fri Mar 14, 2003
On Tue Aug 03, 2004 05:53 PM
I go 2 Mt Eden Ballet Academy in Auckland :)
By madz99 Comments: 67, member since Sat Aug 07, 2004
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 01:53 AM
I go to Auckland west dance academy.
By Ana99 Comments: 4, member since Mon Apr 05, 2004
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 04:07 AM
Mt Eden Ballet Academey is the best ballet school :)
dance schools en>fr fr>en
By Danceit Comments: 6, member since Fri Sep 24, 2004
On Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:24 PM
Reply to hip hop classes en>fr fr>en
By Danceit Comments: 6, member since Fri Sep 24, 2004
On Wed Sep 29, 2004 09:15 PM
Check out liveitup.co.nz
By Sparkz_NzPremium member Comments: 2358, member since Mon Jun 10, 2002
On Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:29 AM
ok we got it already Danceit. But really, you don't need to advertise here!

good to see your students having fun though.
By Angelmum Comments: 688, member since Wed Nov 24, 2004
On Wed Nov 24, 2004 03:32 AM
My daughter dances in a little dance school in Christchurch...
but I really want to know about some of the ballet schools in Auckland, specifically Mt Eden Ballet school - yes we do hear about the schools in the big smoke down here...is there a web site I can go to for this school?
Also,what about some information about ballet/jazz competitions that happen up there...which is the best one to go to?
By mellierose Comments: 23, member since Thu Dec 09, 2004
On Thu Dec 09, 2004 04:41 PM
Edited by mellierose (115744) on 2004-12-09 16:35:20
Mt Eden Ballet Academy doesn't have a website (yet)If you email edendance@hotmail.com either Melinda or Heather will reply (promptly) and will answer any questions you might have. Its RAD ballet and they offer jazz, contemporary, hip hop and body conditioning, and maybe a couple of others. As its the summer holidays now, I wouldn't contact them til January (unless you'd really like to know, now!) The Auckland City Ballet Centre is also a very successful school, they have a website: acbc.co.nz I think. Mrs Murray will reply rapidly and is happy to send out information. ACBC has both an RAD school and a full time preprofessional school for serious students aged 16+
Unfortunately I don't really know about competitions, maybe someone else could help?

Hope this helps.
re: Where and what dance school does everyone go to? en>fr fr>en
By JazzyJess Comments: 54, member since Fri Dec 24, 2004
On Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:29 PM
I'm new =)
Anyway, dipsy_dancer, what types of dance does Theatre Dance Academy teach? I'm from Orewa College too, and was also a vine in stage challenge!
MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!
~Bex
re: Where and what dance school does everyone go to? en>fr fr>en
By JazzyJess Comments: 54, member since Fri Dec 24, 2004
On Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:04 AM
Oh, sorry, I just found the answer on the DANZ website. What date do lessons start and are there beginner classes? If not, is the content in other classes suitable for someone with not much experience? And what's the price per term? I have the phone number but I'm not allowed to ring until I'm back in the country on the 27 Jan. Thanks!
~Bex
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch