Forum: Europe / Europe - General

Eurovision Song Contest
By xxxAdamxxxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 29, 2004 04:18 AM

I don't the UK have decided who will be representing us at the 2004 Eurovision Song contest yet.

Have any of your countries got their act sorted?

Who will be winning???

This year, the UK are hoping to beat last year's score of 0!

C'MON UK BRING IT HOME!!!

Post your thoughts here...

xxxADAMxxx

12 Replies to Eurovision Song Contest

re: Eurovision Song Contest
By Lise3Premium member
On Mon Mar 08, 2004 05:30 AM
Edited by Lise3 (56675) on 2004-03-08 05:31:20
Norways final was this saturday. I think the song was quite good, but I'll be shocked if we win.. No chance. I was hoping that the woman who came 2nd was gonna win.
By cosumember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 23, 2004 01:55 AM
last friday , Germany had its votings for the europeon
song conest. The finalist is Max.
By Acrothiel
On Wed Mar 31, 2004 04:33 AM
For Switzerland Piero Esteriore will start. I think he is a great singer but I don't like the song (By the way, Piero is originally from Italy and he was the third best in a show contest in which Switzerland was looking for a Superstar) I don't think he will win but I guess he will be much better than the singers in the last few years.
By PointePrincess0member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Apr 07, 2004 09:02 AM
the whole nil points thing was funny! i want it to happen again this year!!
By Ekmel
On Wed Apr 14, 2004 02:21 PM
i have recently listened to the turkish song. i dont know whetehr it will be successfull or not but i liked it...
A friend of mine will be dancing that night... ;) details to come later on!!
By helenamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 02, 2004 12:14 PM
For Portugal, Sofia Vitória will be singing. She's a new star here and very pretty but the song is just too bad... as usualy!
By fairy_dustmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 13, 2004 08:35 PM
I'm from Canada so I didn't know what the contest was at all until last year when I was on student exchange in Sweden! But it was cool, and I remember the UK getting a 0! But apparently politics had an influence on that... As for this year, I do know that Ramon will represent Spain (Since my trips to Spain, I have an obsession for Spanish pop music, so I like learning about these artists). I remember Beth represented Spain last year and a few months later I saw her in concert when I was in Salamanca!

On another note, a Canadian once sang in the Eurovision Song Contest. In the late 80s, Celine Dion was living in Switzerland, so she represented them in the contest, and Switzerland won that year.
By LadySonjamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 14, 2004 06:19 AM
Are you all going to watch the show tomorrow?? To be honest I´m a little bit sick of all the Eurovision Song Contest stuff cause they have it on tv, on radio... all day long.But I´m sure gonna watch it tomorrow and hope it´ll be fun!
By Lise3Premium member
On Sun May 16, 2004 11:44 AM
LOL, We lost :D Again. I don't think we decerved to lose though.. But not to win either. But there where several songs I really didn't like..

Our guy was a bit dissapointed to get the 3 points though. If Norway had got 0 again, we would have had the record ;) No one remebers who got 3 points.. ;)
By Sas15member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue May 18, 2004 10:12 AM
Edited by Sas15 (60755) on 2004-05-18 10:13:37
Hi i watch the eurovision on sat and though some of the songs were quite good but some weren't.lol

Poor James Fox from UK i though he was brill did n't deserve to win but sheould have got more then 16 points.

Alot of the countrys and live nxt to each other voted for each other tho.lol. And Uk is an island.lol.

Well done to winner not my cup of tea but maybe it was others

Luv Sara X
By Ursula_Mayor
On Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:39 PM
Serbia & Montenegro should have won...
And yeah, Portugal sucked as well. Lousy song, poor interpreter. We'll never win the Eurovision.

May Terpsichore guide your steps.
*SuMay*
By Noreenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jul 01, 2004 07:39 AM
I just seen this post now on Eurovision!

O My God im such a eurovision junkie!! I love everything to do with this cheesy competition!!

Ireland are the best at eurovision well!! LOL

WEve had the most wins!! Eventhough not lately! But in the 90's we were amazing!

In Ireland for the past 2 yrs we have had a competition called Your A Star ( like pop idol) and the winner represents Ireland. Clearly it hasnt worked though LOL

Ah well always next year!!

Love
Noreen

ReplySendWatch