Forum: Highland / Highland - Hornpipe

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: Hats
By highlandlassie
On Fri Jun 18, 2004 01:33 PM
I have a "William Scully Ltd." hat too! I actually used to think it was a sailor's name when I first bought it, but someone pointed out that I was wrong shortly after I got it. It's still a cool hat to me! :)
hats
By EllyVation
On Thu Jun 24, 2004 05:15 AM
In New Zealand we wear a hat for Highland and so a sailors hat is no problem, to wear it properly you should have your bun on the back of your head rather that the top then your hat will fit better. We have to have it two finger whiths above your eyes so it sits quite flat on your head. Good luck.
By flingthing
On Thu Jun 24, 2004 09:54 AM
Hey EllyVation

You wear hats for Highland?! Wow! What do they look like?
By highlandlassie
On Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:42 AM
I think they look like the two recently posted pictures of orange kilts. Am I right, EllyVation? :)
Highland hats
By EllyVation
On Mon Jun 28, 2004 03:39 AM
Yes we wear hats for highland just likem the two pics of the orange kilts. The hat is the same colour as the waistcoat or white if you have a dress tartan. Well if you have a dress kilt then you have a choice either white or coloured. There were heaps of pics taken at our New Zealand Champs the site is viewphotos.co.nz and yes Im there, theres one of me and some of the girls in my dancing school im wearing my sailors suit so its page 25 photos 3219--3229
By EllyVation
On Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:56 AM
Sorry guys i typed the wrong web site here it is viewphotos.co.nz good luck
By pointytoes
On Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:24 AM
ellyvation i think you mean viewphotos.co.nz
By pointytoes
On Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:27 AM
o.k. thats weird theres a letter missing at the end of the viewphotos site and it is z as in nz, good luck to you.
By dancer_gurl3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:50 AM
ive actually had like 2 or 3. see, i have really long hair... and it has a habit of growing... and i refuse to cut it... so yeah. and we dont have any navy stores around, so i get mine from B (highland xpress)
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch