Forum: Highland / Highland - Hornpipe

We're Doing a Hornpipe Choergraphy!
By dancergirl10member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:19 AM

Im so excited! The only thing we have down now is that were starting regualr like 8 heel beats then Hop step lift up, hop stef lift up, Hop back beat beat and Slap...

But this is the cool part, half of us are starting to the left and half of us are starting normal, So when we start doing first step ( circle) were going to intersect!! Its gonna be so Sweet!!

Does anyone have any ideas for like a top we could wear instead of our Hornpipep tops? We might just end up wearing them tho!

4 Replies to We're Doing a Hornpipe Choergraphy!

re: We're Doing a Hornpipe Choergraphy!
By GonnaBeAStar
On Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:26 AM
If it's a hornpipe choreography, and you're doing hornpipe arms and everything, it might look kinda silly if you wear another type of costume.
One thing we done once though in our show, was have hornpipe tops with little navy blue pleated skirts. Mind you, the kids wearing them were tiny though, so it might look a bit silly if you are all big... :)
By CdnDancer
On Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:32 AM
You could wear t-shirts... when I used to travel internationally with my old dance group (Amethyst Dancers of NS) we used to wear red t-shirts that say canada, and blue ones that said Nova Scotia (with white HP pants). Or, I've also done hornpipe choreographies wearing stripped socks and stripped t-shirts. You can't get too crazy with a hornpipe outfit, but I'm sure you can find something a bit less traditional and fun! Good luck!
By betty3704member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 23, 2004 06:57 AM
I remember 3 girlfriends of mine decided to enter a choreography competition the night before the comp day (we knew the organizer so she put us on the list). So in 45 minutes, before we went to the ceilidh, the night before the competition, we made up a choreography! We decided to do a hornpipe one - we wore white hornpipe pants since we had them anyway, navy blue t-shirts turned inside out (Some had logos on them, so we wanted them to look the same), and we ran to Wal-mart, got some white rope stuff and tied it around our waists and wore our hats too of course. Since we didn't have music, we asked a piper friend of mine (we intersected him while running across the field to dance - it was very quick!) to play for us LIVE! It was awesome, because people never have live music for choreography. So he just played a 6 step hornpipe, and we did our choreography! It was tons of fun.

But I would suggest something simple like that - Plain blue or any other color shirts - like CdnDancer said, striped socks or something. Let us know what you do!
By batd_teacherPremium member
On Tue Mar 23, 2004 08:49 AM
You could add a tartan sash/plaid, use swords like the marines...I bet it will be fun!

ReplySendWatch