Forum: Highland / Highland - Hornpipe

Hornpipe Research
By fatimasdancer
On Sat Mar 20, 2004 01:33 PM

Hi everyone,

I am doing a research paper on the Hornpipe for my Dance for the Musical Stage class. I was wondering if anyone could tell me of any websites that might be of good use. Please email me at: fatimasdancer@yahoo.com with subject heading saying Hornpipe Research Thank you.

Amanda

5 Replies to Hornpipe Research

re: Hornpipe Research
By dancergirl10member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 22, 2004 05:24 PM
Umm Do you have The Hornpipe/Jig book, You could copy out all the steps form there ( the names of them ) and maybe give a breif description of the more popular steps.

althouh, i would say do you research paper on the 4 Highlands, you can obtain SO much more info!!
Hornpipe
By fatimasdancer
On Tue Mar 23, 2004 06:36 AM
I wish I cold do my paper on the 4 highlands, but the teacher assigned the whole class on Hornpipe, so I have to do the hornpipe.
By batd_teacherPremium member
On Tue Mar 23, 2004 08:53 AM
The front of the BATD Hornpipe & Jig book has a "brief" history of the dance. You could maybe email the BATD or STDA (whichever you test through) to get an "official version".
Hornpipe Research
By Stepscot
On Tue Mar 23, 2004 09:29 PM
fatimasdancer - did you get the 2 emails I sent you with the info on the hornpipe? Megz
By Hullachan
On Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:27 AM
i'd check out the character "Jackie Tar," after whom many of the movements of the dance were modeled. He was a character (I think) in comedy theatre.

ReplySendWatch