Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Advanced

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
tap with hands
By luv2dance11
On Sat Mar 27, 2004 01:04 PM

do you ever tap with your hands?/// especially when i am in scholl or watching tv or doing hw.... or watever i'm doin that i cnt stand up... i put my hands on my lap and tap with them.... lyk my fingers are doing the steps

do you do this?

~Julia

27 Replies to tap with hands

re: tap with hands
By Pink_lemonade
On Sun Mar 28, 2004 09:26 PM
Yes i do. Probablly because i'm also a Drummer.
By roxie
On Fri Apr 02, 2004 01:07 AM
yeah, i do it too. its so unco trying to do wings when youre not concentrating very much lol
By dancingrl247
On Sat Apr 03, 2004 08:26 AM
i do that! plus this year in our dance we have taps on gloves so we actually are tapping with our hands so im also practicing those parts.
By dixietessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Apr 08, 2004 06:12 AM
haha.. i sure do. ive mastered it down to art, i actually tap with my index and middle finger on my right hand.. so each oneis one foot.. haha. the people in my dance classes constatnly laugh at me.. bcos the teacher will b explaining sumthing and ill already be doin it with my fingers:P.. but its great in exams and at skool when im bored bcos i can practice without ayone noticing. and i find i can manage to doeverything with them... lol.. i understand it anyway
By SuperTapQueen113
On Thu Apr 08, 2004 08:40 PM
ALWAYS!!!
I am constantly "dancing" with my fingers!! The legs are my middle and pointer finger...It's fun and keeps me entertained during school...Haha

.:*STQ*:.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Apr 09, 2004 02:07 PM
I do it and don't even notice it anymore...lol...

I almost had to take a class in it...lol. My instructor wanted us to practice in the car on the way to the competition, so there wasn't much other ways...I've been doing it every since! lol!

Theresa
By Dancing4GodONLY
On Mon Apr 12, 2004 01:34 PM
I CANT STOP!!! ITS like my hobby lol

i have ALWAYS done it with my feet too like when we are in a resturaunt, i will hear the music, and say we did a dance to that before, i will be tapping to the music or using my hands, and i dont even notice it until someone in my family tells me to stop because it is annoying!!
By DanceTeck
On Wed May 05, 2004 11:45 PM
I do it without even noticing people tell me i'm doing it all the time!
By dixietessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 06, 2004 07:01 AM
yeah i even do it on the keyboard for the computer lol
By goodgurrrrl
On Thu May 13, 2004 09:25 AM
Yeah I've always tapped with my hands...When I'm watching my students dance....and they tel me not to help...I usually sit there and do it with my hands...lol
By FabulousFeet
On Sun May 16, 2004 08:58 AM
i am ALWAYS doing that!! I tap with either my two fingers or my two hands.
By rAwMeTaL
On Sun May 16, 2004 08:30 PM
For sure, often i will do a cool beat or something or a rhythm and be like, cool! and then i will go and try and tap it out with my tap shoes on.
By tapdancerLP
On Mon May 17, 2004 06:39 AM
yea...i do, and in our dance this year we have taps on out hands and we drum on boxes!! its awesome!!!
By dancing4pointe
On Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:05 PM
Yup I drive my mom craze! lol
By wierdbutloveable
On Wed Jun 23, 2004 02:41 PM
all the time ;)
By danca4eva
On Tue Jun 29, 2004 03:02 AM
yep all the time!! i drive my friends CRAZY!!
By i_love_dance_09
On Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:32 PM
All the time. If I'm not tapping w/ my feet, I'm tapping w/ my hands. It's nice to finally know I'm not the only one.
Dancingly Yours,
Joye
By Dancing4GodONLY
On Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:17 PM
YES!!! i always to it!! if im standing in line for lunch or something, my hands are on my thighs, and im tapping!!

my teacher used to always have us sit on the ground after learning a new step, and we would do it with our hands so we knew more of what we are doing. so she started the habit for me, but i love doing it alllll the time on my desk or just in the middle of the lunch line!!!

Yay im not the only one!!
By tapp247
On Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:08 PM
i always tap w/ my hands, when i am sooooo tired that i can't stand anymore...not even to tap, i will just use my hands, some pp wonder if i even know how to stop dancing!!!!
By lyricalgirl87
On Thu Jul 22, 2004 05:10 PM
i do that all the time. but in school i tap with my feet under my desk
I tap w/ my fingers
By MichlelePremium member
On Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:51 PM
My friend and I are working on the Shim Sham together. We do it with our index and pointers. A 1,2,3 sha ba dee, dah, dah da ba dee da, deeee dah.
M*
By tapdancer86
On Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:42 AM
I tap with my hands yeh! :D even when i was not supposed to, sometimes i am tapping tables or whatever that makes noise and my mom says "u can't stop tapping things, can u?" LoL!! :D

Tayana
keep tapping

fotolog.net . . .
Tapping with body parts
By MichlelePremium member
On Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:53 PM
My grandmother always used to make fun of me when she saw me moving my lower jaw back and forth & from left to right or side to side. What I didn't realize until many many years later was that I was playing songs on my teeth. I now realize that I was playing mostly the drum lines of the songs in my head. All of us who are tapping on our body parts must understand the drummer inside. We may think its tap dancing, but itÂ’s really the obsessive percussionist within. M*
By spmsdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 25, 2004 06:19 AM
idk if i tap w/ my hands...if i do i havent noticed i mean wen i was lil one yr in dance r teacher had us put r shoes on r hands so she culd teach us sum step (don memba) but i was lil so ya....wen im in skool i tap under the desk tho...lol...like falap (sp??) heels and stuff that i can do sitting down...sometimes i do times steps n stuff...lol
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch