Forum: Folk / African Dance

African Dance Instructors
By randicee
On Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:58 AM

I have my own studio located in Pocono and I've been looking for a whole year for African Dance instructors. I have a variety of ethnic programs including latin, Irish step, ballet, funk, hip hop, step dance and tap. It seems to me that African seems to be the hardest to find. Any suggestions.

7 Replies to African Dance Instructors

re: African Dance Instructors
By yaisha
On Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:43 PM
It seems to me that you might want to start by bring in a guest artist to see if there is interest in African Dance. There are many African dancers that would love to travel to teach what they know.
the need
By randicee
On Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:50 PM
there is a need and a lot of the children have been requesting it, however I've tired for over a year to find a dance instructor in my area to no avail. You see I from brooklyn but I recently relocated to PA. In NY I wouldn't have a problem but here seem to be a major issue
caledwards
By caledwards
On Fri Apr 02, 2004 06:14 PM
I am a veteran African dance teacher and am very much open to travelling toconduct workshops and generate interest in African dance. Contact me if you want to get something going!

ethnicartsinstitute.org
lisa@ethnicartsinstitute.org
123 Lakeshore Ct.
Richmond, CA 94804
to randicee
By caledwards
On Wed May 26, 2004 11:18 AM
I had trouble reading your message. Please resend it tome at caledwards@earthlink.net or lisa@ethnicartsinstitute.org
re: African Dance Instructors
By randicee
On Thu Jun 03, 2004 06:18 AM
how much do you charge
rates
By caledwards
On Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:47 AM
There are different rates for different services and they are all comparable to other artists services here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I don't know how different that is compared to your area in the Poconos.

Anyway, for example, sometimes a service call for a per student fee (for an adult $10/hr). Sometime I am contracted on an hourly basis ($75 - $90). Sometimes the is a flat fee for a performance or Exhibition which goes by the hour or per performance piece.

I hope that answers your question
rates
By caledwards
On Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:49 AM
Edited by caledwards (89062) on 2004-06-03 10:51:56
There are different rates for different services and they are all comparable to other artists services here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I don't know how different that is compared to your area in the Poconos.

Anyway, for example, sometimes a service call for a per student fee (for an adult $10/hr). Sometime I am contracted on an hourly basis ($75 - $90). Sometimes the is a flat fee for a performance or Exhibition which goes by the hour or per performance piece.

I hope that answers your question

ReplySendWatch