Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

Page:
Page 6 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: A Basic Guide to Males in Ballet
By pointeballerinomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 174, member since Thu Feb 21, 2008
On Sun Mar 09, 2008 03:50 PM
Thanks for this post! I'm a new dancer as well and i found it really helpful!
By pete4 Comments: 47, member since Fri Mar 07, 2008
On Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:09 AM
Thanks so much for the advice! Being the only guy in a class means that, aside from the teacher, i've got no-one to ask for advice. Even the teacher can only give me a limited ammount of advice, seing as she's only had a guy in class once before and he quit on the second or third class! SO it's nice to know that i'm not the only one out there! Thanks again!
By lift Comments: 105, member since Tue Nov 04, 2008
On Fri Nov 07, 2008 08:48 PM
Hello,
I am a newb here (2nd post!!). But first let me voice my appreciation for this great site and the wonderfully encouraging tone each person has demonstrated throughout this vine and throughout this entire site. I am new to dance and a late starter of 32 years of age. My regrets are that I couldn't just get over my high school self and take a dance class then. Perhaps if I'd come across such a supportive community like this I'd have done it then. Thank you for this post and the great tips it contains. Peace.
By danceboy27 Comments: 49, member since Mon Jul 17, 2006
On Sat Nov 22, 2008 05:41 PM
I wear the thong style padded dance belt.slip a support cup inside wear a thong style leotard too .generally feel more comfortable wareing a thong leotard and footed tights too
By cadaques15 Comments: 23, member since Sun Jan 17, 2010
On Tue Feb 23, 2010 09:12 PM
I do not agree with the double dance belt; it would drastically diminish your range of motion and create a bulge by your hips/waist.
By MattH95 Comments: 66, member since Fri Apr 02, 2010
On Sat Jan 01, 2011 03:55 AM
Edited by MattH95 (221673) on 2011-01-01 03:58:08
Thanks mate this is realy helpful :) glad I know this before my first class. Thanks
By Doctor_Dancebelt Comments: 51, member since Sun Apr 25, 2010
On Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:29 PM
The "Basic Guide to Males in Ballet" is a great introduction for anyone about to start class and Dsrutis is to be commended for writing it. My only issue is with his comment on doubling up dance belts. In my entire dance career I've never felt the need to do that and haven't known any other dancers who did. One good fitting one should be able to do the job, and be a heck of a lot more comfortable than two.

"Doctor Dancebelt's Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Dance Belts and More"
goes into more detail on buying and wearing these unique but necessary garments and can be found here: www.dancebelt.info
By BG1 Comments: 21, member since Fri Apr 13, 2012
On Sat May 05, 2012 04:12 PM
Great introduction. While I don't agree in every detail I wish I come across something like this when I started. I would have avoided some embarassing mistakes then.
By nikalaitanzika Comments: 11, member since Wed Aug 24, 2011
On Tue Feb 05, 2013 03:49 PM
For washing tights, my wife suggested using a laundry bag to maintain the quality of the tights. It seems to work just fine!
Page:
Page 6 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch