Poll: Highland / Highland - National

Page:
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4
re: Is Your Aboyne an Atcual Tartan , Or Cotton Print?
By girlwithghilliesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1044, member since Fri Nov 26, 2004
On Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:22 PM
Mine is a Dress Macdonald. I love it :)
By x_dirtydancer_x Comments: 20, member since Thu Nov 11, 2004
On Fri Dec 24, 2004 02:57 PM
i have an actual tartan. i have seen a few youger dancers that dont have a real tartan but most do!
By dancin_charlies Comments: 164, member since Wed Jul 21, 2004
On Sun Jan 02, 2005 01:05 AM
Mine's cotton i got from a fabric store its pink and white and somewhat (a tinsy bit)wine i LOVE it so much!! i like how its really original 2 :D id love to see all yalls tartans but i cant travel everywhere so i guess i will never see them :C unless see u @ a competition even though i wont see you and all that blah
By Loopy_loo Comments: 100, member since Mon Nov 08, 2004
On Sun Jan 02, 2005 05:06 PM
My Aboyne is the same tartan as my kilt the red dress crieff. I have a new kilt ordered so my Aboyne and Kilt won't be the same anymore.
By clutzydancerlife Comments: 169, member since Sat Jan 01, 2005
On Wed Jan 26, 2005 08:03 PM
Mine is a Dress wine McRae, because I love the tartan sooo much, I even have my kilt as the Red Dress Mcrae.
DANCIN CHARLIE***
By HighlandHottie05member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3003, member since Sat Jan 22, 2005
On Fri Jan 28, 2005 07:41 PM
OMG!.... i've been lookin for exactly that! i have whine vest but no aboyen skirt and ive been tryin to find a whine corlor wiht pink in it!!!! where did you get your tartan material and is it a real tartan....if it is coul du tell me what tartan!!!!
THANKS

~*~HiGhLaNd HoTtIe~*~
By JacquiB Comments: 236, member since Wed Aug 04, 2004
On Sun Jan 30, 2005 05:22 AM
My aboyne is madde from real tartan and is the Red Dress Cunningham. It really stands out on the stage.
Jacqui
By HighlandPrincessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 679, member since Wed Feb 16, 2005
On Sat Feb 26, 2005 07:07 PM
If someone could private Msg me a site that has a huge list i might be able to tell yo what kind of tartan it is. I think mine is wool, but i dont know yet.
By highlandancemom Comments: 145, member since Fri Nov 19, 2004
On Sat Feb 26, 2005 08:58 PM
My daugher wears cotton blend national that we found at a fabric store. It is a beautiful blue and yellow tartan with a dark blue vest. I was not so sure about it but it is gorgeous on her. She looks like a summer breeze and she says she loves dancing it it as it is so light and airy.
By ceolasmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2910, member since Wed May 26, 2004
On Fri Apr 22, 2005 08:20 AM
I used to wear a cotton print from Walmart, however since I had so much tartan left over when I had my kilt made, I made a new plaidie. So now both my kilt and lilt dress are Dress Cerise Menzies :)
By fairy_elephant Comments: 459, member since Tue Apr 26, 2005
On Tue Apr 26, 2005 03:09 PM
My nationals have always been "real tartan". I had a white dress between ages 9 and 12 ish becasue I was growing so much. I had a new kilt nearly every 6 months for a while because I was growing so fast! When I stopped growing I had the dress rose nesbit with a black waistcoat and silver braid, I loved it!
I've got a new one on order at the moment. It will be the dress maclean of duart with a black waistcoat. I have the tartan in my kilt too but I have a wine jacket with my kilt. I really like the colour and not many people have it because the velevet is really hard to match up :)
By Cluichmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2903, member since Sat May 10, 2003
On Mon May 02, 2005 05:43 AM
My Aboyne tartan is Dress Burgundy MacLean of Duart, just like my kilt. I love it to bits.
By AmyMHz Comments: 40, member since Thu May 05, 2005
On Thu May 19, 2005 10:07 AM
My skirt is Pride of Scotland. It's nice cause it matches with either Blue or Purple (for a vest). Lots of people seem to have it--with either color.
By highlanddancer2 Comments: 102, member since Thu Jun 12, 2003
On Thu May 19, 2005 11:47 AM
Isn't it kind of standard to have an actual dress tartan? I do not see many people wearing cotton
By highland_emmy Comments: 1108, member since Tue Apr 12, 2005
On Thu May 19, 2005 08:17 PM
Where I live, a lot of the youger dancers don't have real tartans, probablly cause they grow so fast. Most of the older dancers seem to have real tatans though.
By celtic_reel Comments: 1030, member since Wed Jul 14, 2004
On Thu May 19, 2005 08:27 PM
Less than half of the people in our studio have real tartans. The real tartans are bold, but usually the fabric is pretty thick and can look a bit bunchy at the waist, so I think that the other plaids in a medium weight cotton can look nice if the squares aren't too small.
By dansemummember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 463, member since Mon Sep 20, 2004
On Sun Jun 12, 2005 07:41 PM
My daughter's is the Special Dress Red Lennox with a red vest. We bought it from Marg's Highland Dance Wear in Calgary. It is absolutely beautiful!! We just ordered her new kilt and it will be the Dress Eildon same as in my avatar.
By dancingformylife Comments: 454, member since Tue Jun 28, 2005
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:47 AM
My aboyne is a dress wine McRae, because I really love the colour, and I also have a fake cheapo dress Stewart Tarten from Fabricland that i can wear if it is going to be a really hot day at a competition.

Love Dancinformylife
By buhbamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 887, member since Mon May 16, 2005
On Sat Jul 09, 2005 08:32 AM
Mines is real tartan . . . not sure what its called though lol!
emma xox :D
By Inspirationalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1117, member since Sun Jul 11, 2004
On Tue Jul 12, 2005 05:54 PM
A real tartan... Royal Stewart - my aboyne. My kilt is Royal Blue Menzies.
By Nicci_x_x Comments: 107, member since Sun Jan 11, 2004
On Sun Jul 24, 2005 03:57 AM
I have the Dress Purple McRae of Conchra and I absolutely love it :]
By DANCE_ENTHUSIAST Comments: 110, member since Wed Apr 13, 2005
On Sun Jul 24, 2005 06:53 PM
I love the cotton aboyne outfits. There are so many very pretty pieces of cotton fabric around, and it makes such a change from wearing tartan at a competition. Also its much cheaper, so you can change your outfit more often. I feel people seem to not put enough fabric into the pure wool tartan ones, probably because of the cost, and when the girls dance in them, all you seem to see is a petticoat show, which I personally don't like.
tartan
By Dancing_24_7Premium member Comments: 1422, member since Tue Jul 12, 2005
On Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:05 PM
Considering mine is yellow and teal i'd say its not a real tartan:) My little sisters is a green tartan real cute:D
By suzy_que Comments: 51, member since Mon Jul 25, 2005
On Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:04 AM
My national costume is Dress Merilles!
By highland_girl04 Comments: 30, member since Fri Jan 09, 2009
On Sun Jan 11, 2009 09:04 AM
Mine is cotton with a white background!!
Page:
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch