Poll: Highland / Highland - National

Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4
re: Is Your Aboyne an Atcual Tartan , Or Cotton Print?
By jen_mahan Comments: 12, member since Mon Jul 09, 2012
On Sat Jul 14, 2012 02:15 AM
My daughter's first Aboyne is a cotton print from the fabric store. The plaid print is bright pink with thin navy lines on a white background. Her vest is navy in a wavy peplum style with silver braid trim and buttons. The seamstress is finished with everything but the vest, I can't wait to see my daughter wearing it. :)
By dancingmom22 Comments: 27, member since Sun Oct 23, 2011
On Thu Aug 09, 2012 06:28 PM
My DD'S is purple Mac Gragor and her kilt is the same and very heavey i gave her smaller kilt to my neice to use but she needs a new vest for her kilt she loves them both
By gordonghillies Comments: 31, member since Thu May 17, 2012
On Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:50 PM
My aboyne is an actual tartan that is pink and black on a white background
By HighlandHopeful Comments: 34, member since Sun Jun 09, 2013
On Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:05 AM
I wear a white dress as it has cost less (for me at least) to have. I can't make up my mind for what actual tartan to use in an Aboyne.
By jackieb226 Comments: 147, member since Tue Feb 06, 2007
On Fri Dec 27, 2013 09:52 AM
My DD 1st one was a poly/cotton mix but when she out grew it I had a new one made out of some tartan that I had bought. It is a dance tartan but the name eludes me right now lol. It was built to grow with her and should last other than vest/jackets for many years.
By Bellasmum Comments: 192, member since Sun Dec 30, 2012
On Sat Dec 28, 2013 06:53 AM
My DD's aboyne is an actual dance tartan (Allendale) and it is so pretty and bright. I actually prefer the way it looks in an aboyne to a kilt.. Her new kilt is being made up and is Dress Lorne, which I have seen in aboynes but not too many kilts.. We like the tartans that aren't as popular though.. my daughter prefers to wear green when everyone else is wearing red or royal blue!
By Heather29 Comments: 25, member since Thu Feb 06, 2014
On Sat Feb 08, 2014 01:23 PM
My daughter has two aboyne outfits. One is the atual wool tartan and the other is a cotton blend. She loves the cotton blend because it is much cooler, espescially in outdoor summer competition.
By scotsNcats Comments: 26, member since Fri Apr 11, 2014
On Thu May 15, 2014 09:58 PM
My daughter has a wool Lilac Scott tartan for her Aboyne outfit.
By beachburgmom Comments: 15, member since Fri Nov 28, 2014
On Fri Jan 23, 2015 04:14 PM
We just had a cotton print from the fabric store made up into an outfit...I got the material for 10 dollars...it is a white and navy with a tiny bit of pinky red, found a second hand blue vest for 60 dollars and made up the skirt easily.....pretty cheap and looks very nice...we may look at a tartan down the road but when you are trying to buy everything in a short time it gets pricey
By dancerdunedin Comments: 30, member since Mon Jul 28, 2014
On Mon Jul 06, 2015 07:59 PM
Mine is purple real tartan, I'm not sure what the actual name is though....
By rosalinde Comments: 1973, member since Fri Jun 19, 2009
On Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:04 AM
It's a proper tartan and over 20 years old - and I still love it. It's Dress Burgundy McLean of Duart.
Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch