Forum: Highland / Highland - Hornpipe

Getting Shuffles up to Knee
By dancergirl10member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:49 PM

Anyone have any tips for getting shuffles up to the knee??
I have a problem with it!!

3 Replies to Getting Shuffles up to Knee

re: Getting Shuffles up to Knee
By dancin_gal14member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 11, 2004 06:24 PM
i find jumping really high reminds me to do it!!! try practicing it really slow and evenually u will get the hang of it!! good luck with that!
By highland_QT29member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 11, 2004 06:40 PM
Edited by highland_QT29 (53862) on 2004-04-11 18:42:00 Forgot an "our" hehe
Edited by highland_QT29 (53862) on 2004-04-11 18:42:18 Forgot the "out"
Hey
I had a problem like that as well! What my teachers told me to do is you know the kick out before you suffle? Well try to make that bigger, and stronger out. I hope that makes sence. I will try to explain it more... let me think lol

Ok well I don't no if this is how you say it, but I always saw "out in out, out in out, out in out , out in out" when Im doing my suffles. So ok, after you've done the first "out in out" try to get the next "out part" out quickly, bigger and stronger. Basically I kinda just said what I said above didn't I?I hope it makes sence! Well at least I've practiced my shuffles for the day! hahah Hope that helps though

Chantelle
By dance_deva
On Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:16 PM
I had that same problem!! Try doing shuffles really slowly...like holding onto a chair looking in a mirror so you can see what your legs are doing. When you are happy with what you are doing, then move onto the floor and dance them.

Sometimes peoples thighs aren't strong enough to lift their legs higher. Do your legs feel strong?

ReplySendWatch