Forum: Ballet / Ballet Photos - Misc

Page:
Page 2 of 31 2 3
re: Important about photos and critiquing them
By SwEeThInG Comments: 152, member since Thu Dec 25, 2003
On Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:52 PM
well jennifer seems like a wonderful dancer... can n/e one send me pics or videos of her danceing?! im very interested!
By PointeLover Comments: 78, member since Fri Jan 04, 2002
On Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:27 AM
I am glad someone posted a sticky about this. I think in some respects if people are looking to be critiqued, maybe make a forum for that specifically. However, in critiquing you should always feed a negative with a positive in any aspect for improvement. Point out a good thing while critiquing.

Anyways, this is a place for positive energy and support for everyone here who enjoys ballet. Remember that!
By Dancelvr Comments: 23, member since Sun Dec 28, 2003
On Thu Jan 01, 2004 04:16 PM
Nice come back Andy,....Most critics have a hard time with perfection anyway!!!
Comments and Critiques
By ZePoet Comments: 8, member since Tue Nov 04, 2003
On Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:53 AM
It's not always what we say, but how we say it. Constructive criticism is always acceptable if done with good taste. It is never a good thing to be too critical of anyone. We may discourage instead of encourage with comments that hurt. Words are very powerful, make sure they are used with lovingkindness. I have yet to post a dance photo because right now I am new and cannot. LOL but when I do I want constructive criticism. Thanks for listening. Great comment here!
photos and cirtiquing them
By MissShannon Comments: 18, member since Fri Jan 02, 2004
On Tue Jan 06, 2004 07:09 PM
That is a nice thing to say and I hope that people listen and try to do whas right.
CRITIQUES
By sparkle_danca Comments: 178, member since Sun Jan 11, 2004
On Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:35 AM
Heya ...

Yeh i totally agree. Jeniffer** is a great and talented person..... :D Go Jen..

Keep Dancin.. mwah! Sparkle Danca xoxo
By Besumember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 110, member since Sat Jan 10, 2004
On Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:16 AM
As dumb as it may sound, alot of people hang off of every word people say about them.. I think it all depends on what a person's self esteem is.. If you think highly, and are sure of yourself and who you are, then you won't be pulled down when other people say bad stuff about you.. But if a person isn't sure of themselves and who they are, then they'll depend on what other people have to say about them.. Bottom line... If you don't have anything good to say, DON'T SAY IT!! -bethany-
By danceangel1335 Comments: 105, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Sat Jan 31, 2004 02:48 PM
I totally agree!
By TheDyingSwanmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 522, member since Fri Jan 16, 2004
On Sat Jan 31, 2004 05:09 PM
That is very tru...we should all be carfull for what we say...u never know who is a member here ;) and hurting each other is not what we want here...we want to learn and enjoy so ya ur right
By GymLovermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2301, member since Thu Jan 22, 2004
On Thu Mar 04, 2004 01:00 PM
Kind a late reply but don't know who Jennifer is so I looked up her name on google. Is this her: home.att.net . . . ?

If that is her I can't understand why anybody would critize her. She's absolutely AMAZING! Jennifer you're absolutely amazing!! Wished I had so much flexibility in me. I need to work on it!
By BlackJadeXIII Comments: 57, member since Sun Jun 15, 2003
On Sun Mar 07, 2004 04:07 PM
Thanks for posting this, it is so true.
By broadwayninamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 553, member since Wed Jan 28, 2004
On Mon Mar 22, 2004 01:50 PM
There's a difference between constructive critisism and insulting. if you look at one picture and see something wrong with it, don't just say " wow, thats horrible" point something out that could be improved such as " lock your knee." otherwise, if you can't say anything nice or constructive, its really useless to say anything at all.
By ballet_georgi Comments: 145, member since Sat Apr 10, 2004
On Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:43 AM
critique is a tricky thing, it can either be interpreted incorrectly or the way it is meant. i think that we should all think beofre we speak, and only give critique when it is asked for. (But i know none of the people on this site would be mean or otherwise)

:)

*G*
By nattymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2042, member since Wed Jul 16, 2003
On Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:54 PM
yes, i've seen some bad comments about certain movements, and how their feet look, lol. Who are we to criticize their feet?
By stevemongolia Comments: 349, member since Sat May 01, 2004
On Sun May 02, 2004 10:29 PM
Good point, and as a new member - a photographer at heart - who loves to photograph ballet its good to hear this and keep it in mind. Thanks for this memo.
By italianballerina Comments: 114, member since Sun May 16, 2004
On Sun May 23, 2004 06:22 PM
I agree that people shouldn't do that. Thanks for reminding everyone. I try not to critique anyone unless they ask me to.

*~Italianballerina~*
By RichardBalletgrlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3649, member since Wed Aug 06, 2003
On Mon May 31, 2004 03:30 PM
This was a wondeful post! Karma to you! I'm happy you wrote this post because I feel the same way! Thanks again Andy!
By Sigman Comments: 27, member since Sun Jun 10, 2007
On Sun Jun 10, 2007 08:46 AM
whoa! I just googled her name and found her webpage. Oh my goodness, she is amazing. She has won like a thousand awards. And what is even more is that her photos are ridiculously great. Check out the one of her in the street of NY. So neat! And there are several of her with a partner and her poses are incredible. I wonder what she is doing now. I didn't take the time to read her BIO, but I am going to go back and do exactly that. I have no idea what was said that started this comment chain, but this girl is incredible. Wow.
By Ricodancer Comments: 175, member since Sun Oct 26, 2003
On Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:31 AM
Good points Andrew. I would just add that, when one has no body of work of their own on public display, it may be easier to make pejorative remarks about the work of others. Often this stems from jealousy, which stems from feelings of inadequacy.

As a teacher of mine used to say, scratch a critic, and uncover a frustrated dancer (or choreographer).
By daringdancer Comments: 27, member since Fri Dec 19, 2003
On Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:19 PM
I think thumper said "if ya can't say nothin' nice, don't say anythin' at all"...I AGREE! There is constructive criticism (saying it in a NICE way) not carelessly pointing out perceived flaws.
It's important to build others up, not tear them down. It's possible to give pointers and corrections without hurting feelings.
just my two cents!
By amberlin Comments: 10, member since Tue Nov 25, 2008
On Wed Dec 17, 2008 06:33 AM
I'm very very sorry to ask a question here.
What did Kathy mean by this "Malakhov does not have a girlfriend, or a wife. But he has partner... (if you get what I mean...)"?
She said it here:www.dance.net . . .
but I couldn't reply that article and I don't know why.
By amberlin Comments: 10, member since Tue Nov 25, 2008
On Wed Dec 17, 2008 06:36 AM
I'm very very sorry to ask a question here:What did Kathy mean by this:Malakhov does not have a girlfriend, or a wife. But he has partner... (if you get what I mean...)?
She said it here:www.dance.net . . .
I couldn't reply that article there and I don't know why.
Page:
Page 2 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch