Forum: Arts / Artwork

Artwork
Constructive critisism. (karma: 3)
By alleycatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8306, member since Mon Apr 01, 2002
On Wed May 05, 2004 01:53 AM
Made sticky by alleycat (25274) on 2004-05-05 01:55:12

If you post your artwork here, and don't specificly ask people not to give critisism, be prepared to recieve some.

If you are replying to posts, but are unable to give constructive critisism, and rather come off rude; for your own membership's sake, and for others work's sake, don't reply.

Friendly advice and constructive critisism should always be welcomed, mostly for your own sake. That way you can choose for yourself if you want to take the advice or leave it. Even if it might be hard to swallow at the moment, one will never improve if not able to take a little advice. And the poster most likely had friendly motives when posting it.

If you insist on being rude and mock other member's work, this is not the place for you. If you see someone else being rude, please report it to the moderators immediately.

-alleycat

4 Replies to Constructive critisism.

re: Constructive critisism.
By arwen_floawmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 384, member since Thu Jul 31, 2003
On Thu May 06, 2004 01:31 AM
thank you for posting this. i think it is very important that people learn the difference between constructive critisism and insults.

and not naming names but matter what these people say everyones work no matter how good or bad deserves to have people reply to it.

Arwen
By blochgalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1070, member since Sun Jan 05, 2003
On Tue May 18, 2004 05:29 PM
Thanks for posting that. It's helpful when people tell me specifically what to work on and give their imput, telling me what they like specifically rather than just saying it's good or bad.
Constructive Critisism
By KIANRO Comments: 3745, member since Wed Apr 07, 2004
On Wed Jun 09, 2004 03:00 PM
BRAVO for Speaking Up for You are Absolutely Correct there is nothing wrong with Helpful Critism in Regards to ART but there is a limit that once passed can turn into Nasty and I for one do NOT condon such thoughts!!!

I LOVE Everyones Work and would NEVER say anything that would be hurtful I would be saddened to see these MAGNIFICIENT Artists Stop Drawing because of one BAD Apple with a BAD Attitude!!!

ART is LIFE - LIFE is ART :D

METTA TO YOU FOREVER AND A DAY!!! :)

And a BIG GIANT KARMA for YOU!!!!
By balletorama Comments: 93, member since Sat May 22, 2004
On Fri Jun 11, 2004 01:37 AM
thanx 4 that
it can really hurt if someone insults your work, but if they give constructive critism it helps you improve
once again thanx

ReplySendWatch