Forum: Folk / African Dance

African Dance
By Dance2ueen
On Thu May 13, 2004 12:16 PM

Does anyone know of any very, very intensive and good African Dance classes in New York City? I live in Harlem. Most of the classes I usually see are very easy. I need an African class that is extremely challenging.

3 Replies to African Dance

come to atlanta
By shanii25
On Mon Jun 28, 2004 05:44 PM
well i dont know much about the big N.Y.C but i can tell you to comr to the city of atlanta and the city of decatur it is poppin here good luck!!!!!!!
re: African Dance
By blackdancer99
On Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:20 PM
devore dance center in qoeens is very good they off da hook
re: African Dance
By Dance2ueen
On Sun Jul 25, 2004 03:38 PM
where is Devore dance school in queens at? I will ike to go check it out. Do you have a number to the school, and are you sure that the dance school is extremely challengiing in African Dance. Also, how much are the classes there? Are they open classes or are they classes that you must register for, and make monthly payments? I am not really interested in anything in Brooklyn, so I would appreciate it if no one recommend me anything that is in Brooklyn :). Also, does the Devore dance place let you watch the dance classes to see how much you like them or anything like that? Thanks very much for that recommendation? If anyone else has any other recommendations to any dance schools perhpas and harlem or the bronx that will be very helpful. I went to the Broadway Dance Center where I usually go to look at the African Dance Class there, and it is not challenging at all, but extremely basic. Does anyone know about the West African dance class at Alvin Ailey?
Thanks again everyone :)

ReplySendWatch