ADVANCED TAPPERS
By bacardigold
On Sun May 16, 2004 09:41 AM

IS IT HARD TO LEARN TO TAP DANCE?

16 Replies to ADVANCED TAPPERS

re: ADVANCED TAPPERS
By rAwMeTaL
On Sun May 16, 2004 08:23 PM
yes and no, some ppl learn quicker than others, its hard work becoming a stand out tapper tho, you have to be fit, enjoy it and be prepared to watch and listen lots. but to learn a few cool steps i believe anyone can after a year or 2.
By Austappermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 16, 2004 09:53 PM
Like any dance form, it can be difficult to learn to tap, but as long as you go in with the right attitude and a willingness to work hard, there's no reason why you couldn't learn to tap. :)
By Ballerina7389
On Fri May 28, 2004 07:04 AM
I'm in advance tap, and the thing for me w/ tap is I learn really really quickly, so I picked up tap really fast. It can be hard tho, like certain moves, just like any other type of dance. If you just have the right attitude and really pay attention to what your teachers feet are doing you'll be fine! :)
RE: ADVANCED TAPPERS
By icurnvs2m8
On Wed Jun 09, 2004 06:41 PM
Practice and persistence, all things will be easy with this kind of attitude.
By DaNcEnSpOrTzBeBe
On Wed Jun 23, 2004 07:54 PM
Basically, It all depends on you. Some people learn quickly and others do not. SOme people practice and work hard, and others do not. But if you are thinking about doing it, give it a try because it is really fun :)
learning how to tap
By nDsTwAnNaBe
On Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:04 AM
hey!learning how to tap can be difficult and it may not come easy to you to remeber what a time step is or a wing is;etc,but i think you should give tap a try.it's really fun,you get to make noise and your parents don't yell at you for it!haha!but tap could be easy to you.just practice and be paitent!
By Dancergrl4997
On Wed Jun 30, 2004 09:34 AM
In VIS, located on a tab above, in the Tap Department, I am giving free Bagginner tap classes, called Tap1. There are already five classes of it, so sign up soon!

P.S. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me in the Tap department! :)
hi
By Princess_clo
On Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:56 AM
yes it is quite hard but once you've learn't the basic steps it becomes alot easyir, i started tap dancing when i was 4 and im now 15 and i love it even when im findin it really hard. you've just gotta watch and try it over and over again.
good luck
love chloe
xxxxxx
By dancers10111
On Mon Jul 05, 2004 04:47 PM
if you get out there and and try your best then youll do just fine. Its kinda hard but you always practice i think you could do it, wait i know you could.

brooke

**dance your heart out**
By dancing4pointe
On Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:24 PM
It wasn't hard for me, but my friends are having a very hard time.
By DaNcEr4LyFe21
On Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:59 PM
Some people learn tap much quicker then others. I know
people who have been tapping for about 6 years and are stillin
begginning tap. And however I have been tapping for two years
and am int/adv tap. Depends on you!! But good luck with it! even if you don't get it right away D0n't freak out. Tap is very fun!

DaNcEr4LyFe21
By tapp247
On Thu Jul 15, 2004 09:03 PM
a lot of pp are not that good at tap because their hearts are not fully in it so they slack a bit, but i think if you work hard and listen to your instructor it is not that hard. but some pp have a hard time using their center to lift up in order to get the correct sounds
By dance_explosions
On Sat Jul 17, 2004 04:09 PM
NO
By MeeshP
On Fri Jul 23, 2004 01:51 PM
Im 18 years old and i've been tapping for the past 15. To me tap is as easy as walking..ive been teaching kids from 4 years old to 17 for the past two years and the most common mistake made is getting "too excited and antsy" about learning the steps. (First of all u need to get the basic skills of shuffles and flaps down but once u have that there are no boundaries.) When i said excited and antsy i meant that most people can do ann sorts of tap steps..they just try to do them too fast in the beginning and end of discouraging themselves. Ive taught my friends how to do scuffles(paddle and rolls) in abuot a minute..and now they love to do it, even tho they have no prior dance abilities at all. What im mainly trying to say is take tap slowly and work up to doing everything at the normal pace, dont rush into steps and frustrate urself.
By precious_1_
On Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:29 PM
I'm in advanced 2 tap and I have to say its only kind of dance I dont struggle with. it just comes to me, I just watch someone do it and then copy. I dont really know what it is but I can just do it. then once you can do the steps you interperate (cant spell) the music and the steps and the dance becomes your own, i beleive that once you have made a tap dance as good as you can then you have a danced it a way that no one else could ever dance it because it becomes yours. I also think that whether you pick it at once or you have to really perserveer anyone can reach quite a high standard is you are persistant, confident and willing to listen and learn!!!!

Happy tapping!
By tappin_babe
On Fri Aug 13, 2004 09:39 PM
NO!!! its easy

ReplySendWatch