Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Advanced

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Hey, I thought we could find out a little bit about eachother!
By Dance_Angel2
On Mon May 24, 2004 04:13 PM

Hey I'm Kerry, from NY (NOT THE CITY!) and I have been tap dancing for 10 years. I also take jazz and lyrical, and will be starting Ballet in the summer, and Irish in September. I started dancing because my neighbor danced (shes two years older than me) and I wanted to try, so my mom signed me up. I'm taking a summer program that has ballet, modern, jazz and tap dance. I'm so excited!!

Now its your turn! heres some ?'s to get you started:
Who are you?
Where are you from?
How long have you been dancing?
What other types of dance do you take?
Why did you start dancing?
Are you taking any type of summer dance program? if so where and what type of dance?

I thought this would be fun, if you don't want to answer all the questions, you don't have to.

***Ker***

25 Replies to Hey, I thought we could find out a little bit about eachother!

re: Hey, I thought we could find out a little bit about eachother!
By Jalietapzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon May 24, 2004 08:51 PM
Hey Kerry! whats up? I'm Erica from CT but home is now in nyc. I've been dancing since i was about six and tappin since ten. Right now I am a college student so i take what they tell me to... which isn't a bad thing i've met and taken with some amazing people! Lets see next semester I will be taking ballet and modern, I might hang out in the tap class but i am not sure yet. I might be student teaching with one of my outside tap teachers. (I really hope I get to! I couldn't last year cuz of school) I used to take jazz, mostly classical and of course lyrical. so thats a little about me... :) talk to ya laterz

Erica
By Austappermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon May 24, 2004 10:09 PM
Cute idea... :D

My name's Miranda and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I started dancing when I was 5, but started tap at 6, which means this is my 17th year dancing!!! I take classical, tap, jazz and funk/hip hop classes, plus I teach too. I won't be doing any summer programs because we're heading into winter down here. :)
By ballerinefairy
On Wed May 26, 2004 10:09 AM
Hi!!!! My name is Rebecca. I live in Georgia. I have been dancing since I was 4. That was about 19 yrs ago. My school mainly focused on tap. Since leaving there because I was an adult. I began taking ballet and other things. I now teach tap, ballet, and jazz. This past year is my first year. I hope to take summer classes wherever I can find them!!!!
I am also married and just got a maltese for my B-Day!!!! I already have one dog and ac at. I guess I love, dance, teaching and animal...... and of course my Husband!
By JazzyKK9691
On Sat May 29, 2004 01:47 PM
hey ive never posted here before but im going to start. ok... so about me! lol im caitlin and i cant say where im from :( sry
im 12 year sold and this is my 8th year dancing. i take ballet jazz pointe tap obviously and hvae danced lyrical, though dont have lyrical class. i hope to start modern next sept! probably. i started becuase my mom signed me up when i was 5 i was going to go like 2 years ealier but being shy (not any more) i didnt want to. this summer im taking the camp at my studio for 2 weeks, will audiition for the ensemblei ve been in for 3 yrs, and learn dances if i make it. the camp is all kinds of dance with our teachers, tracie stanfeild, braham crane, and others
thats all for now bye!
By KmanK
On Mon May 31, 2004 08:12 AM
Hi. My name is Kurt, i'm 17 and I live in good old Massachusetts. I've been dancing for almost 16 years (yeah, all my life), but I started tapping when I was about 4, with my first tap solo when I was 5. I also do jazz, ballet, lyrical, modern, acro, hiphop, and contemporary. I started dancing because my sister whos 2 years older than me started when she was 4 and everyday she'd come home and show my parents what she learned and i'd start doing it with her, so my parents decided to enroll me too, and i've been doing it ever since.
this summer i'm going to the Dance Masters of America national competition in NYC in July. since i'm going to college in september, i personally felt it would be best not to spend thousands of dollars on workshops and conventions this summer.
Hay!!
By danca4eva
On Sat Jun 12, 2004 07:10 PM
Hay evry 1! My names Sarah, Im 14 and am from Australia!! This is my 10th year dancing. I take tap (obviously!) jazz, ballet, spanish, pointe & hip hop! I am not taking any summer courses as it is winter over here, but im taking hip hop classes with the chorographers for Janet Jackson and Missy Elliot!! i AM SOOOOOO excited!!
By tapdancerLP
On Sun Jun 13, 2004 06:59 PM
Who are you? I am Lisa
Where are you from? I am from the lovely state of Ohio!
How long have you been dancing?this is my 10th year!
What other types of dance do you take? Jazz, Lyrical, Ballet and Acro
Why did you start dancing? i dunno, i was 4 and ot looked kool....prolly cuz i friends dancing
Are you taking any type of summer dance program? if so where and what type of dance? Yes. At my studio. It is a dance camp, with ballet, acro, jazz, tap and lyrical, once a week...all in one day...its fun! i have done it before!
By Seashelldance
On Wed Jun 16, 2004 02:46 AM
Hi, I'm Amanda and I live in a small village in the middle of nowhere, West Horndon, but for most people thats just outside London. I've been dancing for 12 nearly 13 years, doing ballet and tap. I used to learn jazz, which I did for 5 years, but then my teacher didn't have time to teach us any more so I stopped. I now do modern, which I have been learning for about 4 years I guess. I also know a bit of line dancing, ballroom etc. but not very well, more just for a bit of fun. I started dancing when I was three mainly because there is a village dancing school, and nearly every kid in the village goes also there has been a history of dancing in my family and my MUm thought I would enjoy it. I'm not doing a summer dance program this year although I did a RAD ballet one last year and hope to one next year.

Nice to meet everyone.

Amanda
By DaNcEnSpOrTzBeBe
On Wed Jun 16, 2004 06:10 PM
Who are you? I am Ashley Miller and I am 13
Where are you from? I am from New Jersey :)
How long have you been dancing? I have been dancing for 4 years
What other types of dance do you take? I take Tap (ofcourse), jazz, ballet, hip-hop and step dancing
Why did you start dancing? Because it looked really fun, and it is!
Are you taking any type of summer dance program? if so where and what type of dance? I might take one at my studio (Dance STop) for hip-hop and/or jazz :)
By applejacks373
On Sun Jun 20, 2004 07:42 PM
Hey yall. My name is Amanda and I'm from Louisiana. I've been dancing for seven years *I started late compared to most people; I was 7 years old.* I am almost 14 years old. I take tap, jazz, ballet, and this year I will also take pointe. I have also taken lyrical and hip hop in the past. I also student teach on Tuesdays. I started dancing because ever since I could walk and talk I danced around my house on my tippy-toes with a tutu on, and my mom thought I would love dancing. I'm not taking any summer programs, except for the camp that I will go to in August for my school's dance team. Well thats about it.

Amanda
By kgizz
On Mon Aug 16, 2004 03:58 PM
heyy .. im kali from pennsylvania .. this is my 12th year dancing .. i also do jazz ballet and lyrical .. i started dancing when i was 3 so it wasnt really my decision my mom just started me and my sister .. its not like a program but in the summer i have rehersals for competition and all .. i go to concord dance center .. and i no a few studios from ny .. so whats the name of yours ?
By tapdancer86
On Mon Aug 16, 2004 09:42 PM
That's a nice idea. :)
my name is Tayana, I'm from Brazil. I've been tap dancing for 5 years, and nowadays i don't take any kind of dance classes besides tap. B4 i've already got a lil ballet, and a lil Rhythmic Gymnastics (does it count? hehehe). I started tap dancing in 2000, because i had to do extra exercise in my school and there was tap dance available. But i just fell in love with it and now i'm not there at school anymore. And unhappily not taking anykind of summer program now... :D

Tayana
keep tapping
By RatAtaptap
On Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:02 PM
Hey Kerry-great idea! My name is Erin and I live in Virginia Beach, VA. I have danced for 18 years and I am 21. I went to a not so great studio for most of my years, but ended up with a great teacher. I also took an eccelerated class for two years during middle school and I took a tap class recently in college. I have taken ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, hoofing, modern, and a little irish step and highland dancing. My favorite is tap! I am now teaching little ones and this year I have been asked to teach the company dancers tap. I am nervous and excited all at the same time! My mom started me in dance and I am so thankful because I now enjoy it so much!
By jb_dancer_chicamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:54 AM
Who are you? Jessie
Where are you from? Edmonton
How long have you been dancing? 11 years this year
What other types of dance do you take? jazz, ballet, hip hop, musical theatre, song and danc production, modern, lyrical
Why did you start dancing? when i was 5... started with tap :)
Are you taking any type of summer dance program? if so where and what type of dance? I was going to take 2 dance camps and one student teaching camps but they were canceled :( THey were going to have tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, turns and progresions (sp?) and hip hop.
By tinydncr820
On Tue Aug 17, 2004 06:40 AM
I'm Morgan from Massachusetts. This will be my 12th year of dance. I take tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, and pointe - lyrical's my favorite. I started dancing because my mom owns the studio so it's kind of in my blood, lol. Our competition team always has a mandatory summer dance camp that we had 2 weeks ago where we get a jump start on the new routines and bond and everything. We also went to nationals in florida.

~ Morgan ~
By tinydncr820
On Tue Aug 17, 2004 06:42 AM
I'm Morgan from Massachusetts. This will be my 12th year of dance. I take tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, and pointe - lyrical's my favorite. I started dancing because my mom owns the studio so it's kind of in my blood, lol. Our competition team always has a mandatory summer dance camp that we had 2 weeks ago where we get a jump start on the new routines and bond and everything. We also went to nationals in florida.

~ Morgan ~
By satapper
On Wed Aug 18, 2004 05:53 AM
Hey all my name is Simeon Angel, I am 21 years old and yes I am a male tap dance :) ive been dancing for 14 years and live in South Africa. I compete in national competitions and last year competed for the first time a world champs which went pretty well came 4th so ya thats about it
By DancinStarGrl810
On Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:44 PM
Good idea...my name is Carissa and I am from the boring state of Connecticut ;) I have been dancing for 8 years now...and besides tap i also take acrobatics, ballet, lyrical, (have done pointe in the past), jazz, (have tried some hiphop but im not good at it haha) and we have a kickline! I started dancing because my best friend's mom was a dance teacher and i wanted to try it which now has become like my home! Plus i always used to dance around my house and i just loved it so my mom registered me! Well summer is almost over now but at my studio our competition team practices throughout the summer so i've been doing that which involves tap jazz and lyrical. Plus our studio has an acrobatic class once a week so we don't loose our tricks over the summer which i also attended...and our advanced dance camp, as well as helping with our intermediate and beginner camp as well. And lastly i also attended the Dance Teacher Summer Convention Tour a couple weeks ago for 4 days! So i've stayed pretty busy this summer with all that and my jazz solo classes!

-Carissa-
By KaylaPremium member
On Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:05 PM
Who are you? Kayla

Where are you from? somewhere in the USA

How long have you been dancing? this will be my 15th year...wow I'm getting old!

What other types of dance do you take? besides tap? jazz and lyrical. I used to take ballet, then I started taking it off and on, but I don't take it anymore.

Why did you start dancing? My mom and her friend enrolled me and her friend's daughter in dance just because they thought it would be something fun for us to do.

Are you taking any type of summer dance program? if so where and what type of dance? Not a dance program, I've been taking class at my studio to practice for competition and I've been assisting everyday in younger kids classes.
By Dance_Angel2
On Wed Aug 25, 2004 04:35 PM
Since summer is almost over...I decided its pointless to answer if you're taking any dance programs over the summer because obviously its not summer as I stated earlier...so you can just ignore that question now...
Ker
By cantlivewithoutmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 26, 2004 08:20 PM
I am Amanda and I'm from a small town in NY. This will be my 10th year dancing. I take Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Modern, Lyrical and I took acro for a couple years a while ago though. I started dancing because both of my older sisters danced and I ended up being the only one to stick with it this long.

Great Questionaire!

manda
By Rockette
On Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:34 AM
Hey! My name is Jenna, I'm 14 years old, and I live in New Jersey. This coming year will be my 11th year dancing. In addition to tap I also take jazz, ballet, and lyrical. It wasn't my decision to start dancing though because my mom had signed me up when I was 3.
By JazzyTapper64member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Sep 07, 2004 03:57 PM
Hi, I'm Alison! I'm from New Jersey. I've been dancing for about 4 years (this year will be my 5th). I take tap, jazz, and ballet. I also took ballet for about 2 years when I was really little, but we didn't do much. I started up again because I saw my neighbor's dance recital and thought it looked like fun and decided to start! I'm also really excited right now because dance classes are starting up today!
By ash1488
On Sun Sep 12, 2004 01:43 PM
Hi, My name is Ashley. I am from ohio. I have been dancing since i was 2 and i am now 15 going to be 16 on October 24. My mom put me i tap so i really didn't have a say. but i am glad she did because now i love it. I dance at MIchelle's dance a twirling Academy.
I think that this a really cool idea.

~*ASH*~
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch