Poll: General / Modern / Modern Photos - Members

Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4
re: Do you like modern or ballet better?
By lovelydancer_92member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 349, member since Wed Jun 06, 2007
On Fri Dec 28, 2007 09:33 AM
Although I enjoy ballet, and think that it is beautiful to watch and execute, modern is by far my favorite type of dance. I love it!! I love everything about it. I'm very grateful that our studio gained a wonderful modern dance teacher who welcomed it into my life, without her, I wouldn't have found my niche in dance.
By nycdancer4u Comments: 106, member since Wed Jan 16, 2008
On Fri Jan 18, 2008 01:48 PM
Ballet is my life. I love it the form, disipline, the everything about it. However, I have a new found respect for morden after a Graham summer intensive. So I guess I'm voting for, modern its more out there to explore with modern.
By Tomballetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 183, member since Sat Sep 22, 2007
On Sun Mar 02, 2008 07:23 PM
For me Ballet at first and modern on 2nd position :)
By Dancingkate_x Comments: 630, member since Fri Mar 07, 2008
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:42 PM
Well i absolutley LOVE modern so that is definatley 1st but followed by ballet by a close second.
xx
By Merfi Comments: 3099, member since Wed Jan 18, 2006
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 07:58 PM
I don't do modern, but on the odd occasion that I've taken a modern class, I've really enjoyed it. But ballet would still have to be my favourite.
By fromtheheartxxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 75, member since Sat Dec 29, 2007
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 09:58 PM
i really enjoy both.
But i would have to choose ballet , because of the discipline it gives you. but modern lets you let go and be free !!
I love them both !

x :D
By nicole_1987member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 355, member since Sun Apr 08, 2007
On Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:15 PM
I'm a ballet girl :) but love modern to they dont give it at my school but some times our teacher mixes it up and gives some modern and I love the freedom it gives you compared to ballet
the jumps rolling on the ground then etc
By missglitershoesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 274, member since Sun Mar 16, 2008
On Sun Mar 30, 2008 04:34 AM
I prefere ballet bacause I find it more expressive and I enjoy it more :D x x x
By idancex247 Comments: 12, member since Sun Aug 10, 2008
On Mon Aug 11, 2008 01:57 PM
I love love love modern. I feel that ballet is a wonderful dance, and gives you a good base for other dance types, however, I don't think it is my strong point. I took to modern right away. I don't really know why, maybe the free feeling you have when yo dance it, but I LOVE it!
By nodoubt_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1510, member since Thu May 13, 2004
On Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:57 AM
I used to love ballet... now I find it boring. Modern all the way.
By DDCdancerx Comments: 300, member since Sat Jul 12, 2008
On Sat Aug 16, 2008 06:50 AM
I completely love modern, I voted modern, but my studio does not offer modern. We have messed around with the idea of modern, done a few routines, but nothing ever happened with it. Ballet is wonderful, though.
By irenie_poomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4196, member since Mon Oct 09, 2006
On Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:50 PM
I tried modern this summer pretty wild and fun ... but ballet is my favourite. I love ballets with a contemporary or modern theme. I like I the Middle somewhat elevated, its ballet but a bit more free like modern but controlled.

Irena!
By never_katiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 803, member since Tue Aug 26, 2008
On Tue Aug 26, 2008 04:09 PM
I really like ballet a lot, but Modern is a close 2nd! :D
By Rubberband17member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1578, member since Sat May 19, 2007
On Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:03 PM
I'd have to say ballet. I like the structure of it, and knowing there is a right or wrong way. I hate when we're given like, an 8 count in modern to do whatever in a dance. I'm like "noooo! I can't do this!" Maybe that's because I'm in an advanced class and this is my first year. But still I like ballet better.
By NickfromDvaldamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 759, member since Fri May 30, 2008
On Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:32 PM
I like modern a lot. We usually don't have words in our modern songs, so it's kinda like the only guideline is the mood of the song, and you can shape the details however you want.

I'm the kind of guy that doesn't like ballet at all. I'm grateful for it, but I don't like it.
By MissJess Comments: 113, member since Thu Aug 14, 2008
On Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:10 AM
Ballet definately first, but modern is just really great...and there is nothing like dancing in a modern routine!
By dance_dreamer Comments: 84, member since Wed Jul 08, 2009
On Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:57 AM
they are both wonderful dances, ballet because it is so technical and graceful, and modern because it is so real and raw. when dancing both it feels like its everything to me and I never want to stop, its too difficult to pick one because they are both so wonderful.
By playmaker93 Comments: 14, member since Sat May 21, 2011
On Sun May 22, 2011 02:17 PM
I love the structure of ballet class. I love being in class and just striving for perfection. When it comes to performing, there is nothing more amazing that expressing yourself in a contemporary/lyrical piece.

* I do not typically do the traditional Martha Gramm modern although I have been introduced to it before.

Im new here and was just wondering if this is the type of modern you talk about or does modern simply mean anything besides ballet tap and jazz
By NunaLola Comments: 1, member since Tue Jul 05, 2011
On Tue Jul 05, 2011 07:34 PM
I think modern because it can be so much more free... But sometimes I feel so powerful doing ballet...
I think I'll have to go with modern first then ballet though. :)
By ooglybooglymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 67, member since Fri Jun 24, 2011
On Thu Jul 07, 2011 08:33 PM
I feel like there is more freedom in modern. I love ballet as well, but I like the freedom to create and explore in modern! :)
By lovedanse Comments: 51, member since Thu Jun 09, 2011
On Sun Jul 10, 2011 06:42 PM
I've done just about every type of dance possible. Ballet and modern are at the top of the list. And I like them for completely different reasons. I love modern because of the flow and emotion. Yet I love ballet for the structure it provides.
By KODancer94 Comments: 268, member since Thu Sep 22, 2011
On Sun Oct 23, 2011 02:34 PM
In my opinion, they go hand in hand. So I chose both :)
By TrumpetsGo Comments: 14, member since Wed Jul 20, 2016
On Wed Aug 03, 2016 07:45 PM
modern is great, its updated to the new generation:)
By Torsten_ Comments: 2, member since Mon Jul 18, 2016
On Sun Aug 07, 2016 09:04 AM
Hard to say, I love both. But if I would have to choose it'd be ballet. ;)
By SDAdancerLIM Comments: 37, member since Tue May 17, 2016
On Wed Aug 10, 2016 04:53 PM
I like both ballet and modern but I prefer modern because it's more emotional and expressive. Modern allows more freedom of movement than ballet.
Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch